About the Role
Looking for a TEAM PLAYER who can assist Lending Staff in duties pertaining to pre-closing, closing and post-closing of all new loans and change in terms. Reviews and stacks new files before forwarding to Loan Imaging. Create ticket entries for loan payments or loan advances. Reviews incoming mail and forwards it on to Loan Imaging. Types and handles miscellaneous paperwork. Provides professional service to customers and answers and directs telephone calls.
Bank Happy. Work Happy. Right Here.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for providing support to Lender for all phases of a loan closing.
- Ordering of backup data pertaining to the collateral securing a new loan or Change in Terms such as: Flood Determination, Real Estate Title Work, Lien Search, Credit Bureau,
- Evidence of Insurance, Appraisals, Property Evaluations, or any other data required by the Lender.
- Review the loan documentation received from Loan Ops prior to loan closing for accuracy and completeness with Lender to insure accuracy.
- Create cashiers checks if required prior to loan closing.
- Be available to notarize borrower/grantor signatures if necessary.
- Complete final review of the entire loan package and place all documentation in correct stacking order utilizing the Document Check List.
- Process the perfection of liens on loan collateral including recording of deeds of trust, filing liens on vehicle titles, and filing UCCs at the state and/or county level.
- Set up collateral tracking for the loan on the banks core system.
- Order tax service on real-estate secured loans.
- Verify that all invoices related to the loan have been sent for payment.
- Follow up with lender for any outstanding exception items and make notes regarding the estimated amount of time to clear exception.
- Serve as a back up when necessary to board new loans on core system
- Forward all new loans and CITs to the Imaging Department.
- Check back loan files after they are imaged to be sure all required documents are uploaded correctly.
- Process paid loans.
2. Responsible for providing effective support for all phases of loan processing activities and promotions.
- Accept loan payments from customer and create a ticket using an accurate tran code to post the entry to the appropriate loan.
- Receive requests from borrowers to advance funds from lines of credit and accurately creates ticket entry.
- Perform loan maintenance as required.
- Collects construction draw requests and follows the Construction Loan Draw process established by management.
- Receive and forward telephone calls. Answer routine questions and/or direct them to the appropriate personnel. Records and relays any messages taken.
- Review the Loan Exception Report by Lender to assist in collecting outstanding exception items.
- Complete all loan processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
3. Establishes and maintains effective and professional business relationships with customers and external contacts.
- Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously. Answers customer questions pertaining to their loan and provides balances and payoffs as requested. Assists all walk-ins.
- Keeps customers properly informed of BSJ/Glacier policies and procedures.
- Maintains and conveys BSJs professional reputation.
4. Establishes and maintains effective coordination and communication with area personnel and management.
- Completes assigned paperwork for management and Lenders. Completes records and reports promptly and accurately.
- Supports and assists area personnel as needed.
- Maintains departmental files.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
5. Responsible for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous functions as needed, which could include (but is not limited to) Booking loans, flood and hazard insurance tracking, HMDA LAR review, various clean-up projects on core system.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Adhere to Bank of the San Juans Company Core Values.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Participate in Community Service and Bank sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of the Bank of the San Juans.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as internal customers (all organization personnel).
- Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
- Represent Bank of the San Juans in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive can-do attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy and maintain customer privacy. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Additional duties as requested or assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of loan products and services.
- Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Strong typing abilities.
- Good verbal public relations skills.
- Able to operate calculator, word processor, and related computer applications.
- Well organized.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include:Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in 15 bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR