Bank of the Orient is a well-established Asian Community Bank headquartered in the Financial District, San Francisco, California. We have an opening for a full-time Universal Banking Representative. Primary responsibilities will be to provide basic teller services; process transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures; identify customer needs and refer financial products and services; act as the Bank’s first contact to the customer; consistently seek to meet customer service standards; and ensure regulatory requirements, such as AML and BSA are adhered to.
- Processes a variety of bank transactions within established guidelines, and cross-sells bank products and services to customers.
- Receive commercial and individual checking deposits by verifying cash endorsements and issuing receipts. Accepts checks for cashing after verifying endorsements, validity and funds.
- Process savings deposits and posts accordingly on passbooks; pays savings withdrawals after verifying balance and signature.
- Receive loan payments, federal tax deposits, food coupons and bank-by-mail deposits. Sell cashier's checks and money orders.
- Operate teller terminals to record deposits, "CASH-INS" and "CASH-OUTS" and make inquiries on accounts.
- Balance daily cash and prepares teller sheet. Maintain maximum security over all cash on hand.
- Assist customers with safe deposit boxes following appropriate safety and security procedures.
- Handle wire remittance transfer requests within established guidelines.
- Respond to customer transactions and inquiries such as collections and exchanges.
Min. 6 mos cash handling experience preferred. Previous retail branch operations experience are a plus; bilingual skills are preferred. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Branch hours: M – F; and Saturdays. No walk-ins. No phone calls. EOE. Principals only.
Candidate will be subject to investigation through credit checks, reference checks, background checks and fingerprinting checks performed at the time permissible under relevant law.