Do you enjoy people? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
Perhaps this is a position for you!
As a community Bank, Bank of the James promotes a positive collaborative work environment, work life balance, excellent benefits and an opportunity to grow and develop your career. As a Financial Services Representative (FSR) at Bank of the James you will handle client service transactions, branch administrative activities, identify referral opportunities for bank partners and process traditional teller transactions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - we are looking for energetic people who want to make a difference in our community. Apply today!
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (FSR)
As an FSR, you will be an integral part of growing and expanding Bank of the James in the Charlottesville area, through exemplary client service, identifying client needs and making need based recommendations, and community involvement. You will also be responsible for opening new and maintain existing deposit accounts, promoting the Bank’s products and services and processing traditional teller transactions.
- Meet, greet and interact with clients in person and by phone
- Process traditional Teller Transactions in accordance with bank’s policies and procedures
- Open and process deposit accounts, and provide account servicing and maintenance for new and existing accounts
- Establish new and increase existing financial relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote client loyalty, including outside calls
- Promote the bank’s products and services based on client needs identification, including referrals to other lines of business, i.e. business banking, card services, lending, investments and insurance, mortgage and treasury services
- Manage client deposit relationship
- Actively participate in campaigns/programs to increase quality deposit growth and referrals to other lines of business
- Research and verify account information; resolve problems for and/or assist clients with issues related to banking products and services; ensure delivery of exemplary client service through communication and resolution of inquiries in the best interest of the client and the bank
- Assist as needed in reporting processes
- Cross train in other areas related to branch functions and operations
- Demonstrate ability to interact in a team environment and contribute to team efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive manner in dealing with clients and other employees
- Professional in appearance and in verbal and nonverbal communication
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Ability to follow direction and/or instruction
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable, flexible and dependable; team oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two years of banking, financial sales or financial services experience
- College degree w/ a concentration in business or finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals
- Computer terminal and related software
- Copier and fax machine
- Teller terminal and related software
- Adding machine
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle, feel, or operate office equipment; and, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the following work environment characteristics are representative of the environment an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.