Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader - Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Trust Operations Specialist
Under the direction of the Section Manager and/or Supervisor, the position is responsible for accurate processing and reporting of trust payables, receivables, new and terminating account, securities settlement and custody, document preparation and review, records management, and trust system maintenance. Assists in business unit's compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We'll give you these important responsibilities...
- Accomplishes day-to-day account administration activities, including deposits and withdrawals of cash and assets, balancing of transactions, and interface functions. Processes Account activities accurately and timely and maintains current information on the trust computer/accounting system.
- Administers accounts per policy and procedures, laws and regulations, and governing documents. Responds to all internal client requests on a timely basis. Handles all operational requirements of accounts. Completes various memos, reports, balancing functions, and internal and external correspondence, as appropriate. Tracks delinquencies and works with the appropriate Trust Officers for resolution. Reviews documentation for requirements and compliance. Responds to vendors', financial institutions', and agencies' requests verbally and in writing.
- Performs research to resolve problems and follows through to ensure client's satisfaction.
- Assists and trains Trust Operations staff to process various types of accounting and securities transactions necessary for the proper administration of trust and custody accounts.
- Assists in maintaining policies and procedures relative to the department's function. Participates in projects such as testing of system updates, enhancements, conversions, and process improvements.
- Provides back-up support to other operational sections to ensure uninterrupted workflow.
- Keeps informed of current bank policies and procedures and governmental laws and regulations. Attends ongoing training and maintains and develops personal and technical skills relative to the position.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
**...if you come to us with these qualifications...
- College Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of experience in the financial services area is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a PC/computer based software to include word processing, spreadsheets and database programs.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills. Strong research, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- For selected areas, must be able to push a file cart, lift up to 25 pounds, use a step stool for filing and retrieving folders, bend and stretch.
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We've been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii - a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we're embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It's our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function: Bank Operations
Primary Location: Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting: Apr 17, 2019, 9:09:51 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1900368