Senior Staff Accountant
Bank of George Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: May 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned. Senior Staff Accountants take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for the bank. The Senior Staff Accountant will perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
1. Upholds, at all times, the Bank’s Core Values of: Integrity, Respect, Positive Attitude, Empowerment, Professionalism, and Excellence.
2. Delivers on the Bank’s tagline of “Your Best Banking Experience – Ever!” by reinforcing the application of superior customer service through own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; actively participates in specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with all staff members.
3. Prepare and analyze complex financial reports and records; summarize account information.
4. Assists in the maintenance of the general ledger.
5. Fixed asset processing and reporting.
6. Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
7. Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
8. Review bank statements; Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
9. Auditing and verifying documents; Following internal controls.
10. Completing data backups.
11. Preparing quarterly Call Report and FR2900 regulatory reports.
12. Assisting finance in preparing financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
13. Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
14. Training and mentoring junior staff. Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy.
15. Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations.
16. Assisting with financial and tax audits.
17. Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team.
18. Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
19. Other duties as assigned.
The position of Senior Staff Accountant is not currently responsible for the supervision of any employee(s).
This position must be able to accommodate reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a college or university; plus at least 3 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with accounting software and programs.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time, operate a computer, and telephone.
• This position requires writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 50 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Bank of George
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bank of George