The Small Business Card Account Management Strategy Analyst will manage Reactive Credit strategies and other key projects for Small Business Card. Key areas of responsibility are optimizing approval rates and automation rates while managing credit risk and working closely with lenders to develop decision guidance.
The analyst will use statistical analytical methods to drive targeted results and is responsible for maintaining appropriate credit strategy controls. They will work closely with business partners to share risk data, communicate strategy changes, and drive business transformation.
Strong analytical skills are required with extensive experience manipulating large data sets using SAS, which requires an ability to find, validate, and merge data from disparate data sources. This role also requires the development of custom reporting to understand strategy performance and drive strategy enhancement.
This position can also be filled with a highly qualified Analyst II.
Job Description for Analyst II: Responsible for performing complex analysis and modeling. Utilizes a variety of systems including, but not limited to Excel, Access, Visual Basic, SAS, and InfoQuest at an intermediary level. Provides analytical support on various strategies to ensure company goals are met. Coordinates the production of performance reports and updates for senior management. May utilize established databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. Analyzes portfolio trends, concerning risk, loss trends, marketing performance, portfolio dynamics, and bureau scoring criteria. Will participate in the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models. Duties primarily include the regular use of discretion and independent judgment. 2-5 years experience preferred.
Job Description for Analyst III: Responsible for performing more complex analysis and modeling for multiple products with the goal of maximizing profits and asset growth and minimizing risk and operating losses and/or other financial and marketing exposures. Develops complex program models to extract data and uses multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data. Utilizes portfolio trends to propose policy/procedural changes within segmentation structure to produce optimal results. Excels at risk/reward trade off. Build relationships with external agencies. Participates in the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models. Duties primarily include the regular use of discretion, independent judgment, the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and the utilization of core leadership behaviors. SAS and/or MicroStrategy experience preferred; 2-5 years experience preferred.
- Proven analytical ability as demonstrated through 4+ years related professional work experience
- 3+ years experience using database software and analytical/reporting tools, such as SAS, SQL, DB2 to access large relational databases
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, or a related quantitative discipline
- Strong working knowledge of the process and tools used for development, validation, implementation and documentation of credit risk and/or marketing business strategies and scoring toolkits
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- A passion for learning and using data to derive trends, detect risks, and execute strategy projects
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of credit risk strategies, financial drivers, and credit operations with proven problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Must be decisive and client focused
- Must be a team player, creative, strategic, and be a thoughtful risk-taker
- Effective project management and organizational skills; ability to collaborate, manage, and expand relationships across the organization and with all levels of management
- Master's degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Previous Credit experience and knowledge of Credit policies and procedures is desirable
- Previous experience in developing credit risk strategies or models preferred
- Analytic work experience in support of consumer or small business lending involving the use of credit bureau information
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40