The Data Analyst, under supervision, works in collaboration with Test Owners, Front Line Units and other Sample and Test Development resources to design and make required changes to tests and the associated sample and data requirements for test samples and populations. Responsibilities also may include gathering data requirements, working with data partners to ensure appropriate sampling requirements are incorporated in to the Test Plans, developing the logic required for providing samples for tests, gathering data requirements, distribution of sample for testing and resolution of any issues encountered in executing scripts, accessing pertinent databases or acquiring raw data from third party sources along with all associated documentation. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as "an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria." Compliance testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
The Data Analyst is accountable for quality test development and sampling execution and analysis of results. This role may participate in test script development and test design. This role is an individual contributor in the Sample and Test Development function.
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- They will apply and/or develop highly advanced data access routines to extract data from source systems for monitoring operations compliance to banking Laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with finding data that can be used by Compliance Testers to monitor operational compliance.
- Serves as a consultant to Test Designers to ensure appropriate data filters are applied based on business/product needs.
- Expert with SQL Server SSIS, SAS and SQL.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working within a financial institution or Big 4 consulting
- Proficiency with MS Office suite with an emphasis on Excel to perform data analytics, pivot tables, lookups and external data source connections.
- Strong familiarity with data warehousing and mining concepts.
- 2+ years of experience delivering high-quality results in a stressful environment and comfortable managing, manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Business writing and acumen.
- Self-starter, organized, versatile, capable of performing work independently with minimal direction. Ability to think independently, solves problems, and develops solutions.
- Familiarity with SAS, SQL Server Management Studio, or similar database query/data mining tool.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in SAS, SQL, Transact SQL, SSIS, writing stored procedures, functions and statements for data transformation and manipulation.
- Strong familiarity with sampling business requirements and test design.
- Proficiency designing and developing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) packages preferably in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Risk management, Compliance and/or Audit experience
- Systems experience (iSeries DB2, Teradata, Oracle, Trifacta etc.)
Enterprise Role Overview
The Testing Specialist, under supervision, conducts independent transactional and process testing on a team in support of needs identified by Compliance and Operational Risk Officers. The Testing Specialist is accountable for quality testing execution, reporting and analysis of results. This role may participate in test script development and test design. The Testing Specialist contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. This role is an individual contributor in the Test Execution function.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40