Diesel Mechanic -AG equipment
Bane-Welker Equipment La Crosse, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
AG Service Technician
Bane-Welker is currently seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our La Crosse, IN Service Department. In this role the candidate's primary responsibilities will be to independently perform basic and complex diagnostic, service repair and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the Service Manager.
Technicians need mechanical skills and should have an aptitude for increasing these skills to expand the kinds of jobs they can perform. A “be-of-service” attitude is also important when dealing with customers since your customer satisfaction is so vital to the growth of the service department.
- Performs repair and maintenance work on equipment, in accordance with time schedules as assigned by service manager.
- Suggests additional needed work to the service salesman or service manager so the customer may be notified.
- Makes certain that work assignment is correct, ask for clarification if there are questions.
- Maintains tools and equipment, and notify the service manager if tools need replacement, or new tools are needed.
- Observes all safety rules and consistently works in a safe manner – reports any injuries “immediately” to the service manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of the working area and presents a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customer’s equipment.
- Assists in expediting of parts orders to avoid wasting time.
- Notifies the service manager, dispatcher, and/or service salesman if delays are expected, or if a part needs to be ordered.
- Ask for assignment if out of work or temporarily not able to complete a job.
- Provide assistance to co-workers and fellow employees as needed.
- Accounts for all time and material used.
- Maintains a consistent attendance record.
- Clocks in and out daily showing job tickets, pers/vac/sick time, etc.
- Completes and submits all daily documentation to the service manager in a timely manner.
- Consistently strive to improve percentage of billable hours to meet or exceed quota.
- Maintains vigilance for methods of effecting cost reductions or revenue increases and reports observations to the service manager.
- Transports and delivers or picks-up equipment, machines or parts as needed, always loading, and securing carefully to ensure no damage by transport. Performs equipment checks both before and after transport to avoid transport damage claims and gives customer instructions for basic operation.
- Performs set up or pre-delivery inspections on new or used equipment as prescribed by manufacturer’s manual.
- Immediately reports any malfunction or defects to service manager.
- Performs all field service assignments promptly and efficiently with a minimum of non-billable comebacks.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs, so the problem is corrected, and future re-dos are avoided.
- Keeps up their education on the product lines and maintains abreast of any changes.
- Maintains appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Ability to diagnose and repair all AFS equipment (Monitors, Nav, autosteer,etc…)
- Other duties as may be assigned by the service manager.
The service technician must be thoroughly familiar with the dealer’s line of equipment. They must know the detailed construction of many machines and have the knowledge and skill to make repairs properly. A natural mechanical ability and familiarization with testing equipment and diagnostic procedures, as well as maintaining proficiency, as required. Listed are just some of the additional requirements: sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination skills.
Reports to the Service Manager
Bane-Welker Equipment reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to perform any other functions or duties assigned to them by management. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and services available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana and beyond.
Bane-Welker EquipmentWhy Work Here?
Bane-Welker is a Employee Owned Company
Bane-Welker was established in January of 2013 when two successful Case IH dealers (Bane Equipment & North Central Agri-Power) consolidated and became one company. We combined our rich history to become an even greater dealership. Bane-Welker Equipment is committed to a very simple ideal. Provide customers with superior products and service. Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and services available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana and beyond.
AddressLa Crosse, IN