Assistant Service Manager
Bane-Welker is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Service Manager for their Wilmington Service Department. In this role the candidate's primary responsibilities will be to assist the Service Manager with service operations including shop assignments, personnel and standards of performance and work output to satisfy customer’s service needs. This position will report to the Service Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and control work load of service technicians.
- Schedules service work according to priority and maintains an orderly flow of work.
- Supervises the training of service technicians with in-house training programs.
- Maintains in good condition all service tools and service vehicles.
- Responsible for keeping shop area clean.
- Responsible for the safety of service technicians and maintaining a safe working environment in the shop area and reporting all accidents to Human Resources.
- Assists sales manager, evaluating trade-ins.
- Responsible for prompt reconditioning of trade-in equipment.
- Orders and maintains adequate supplies and parts for service department inventory.
- Works in co-ordination with Parts, Office, Sales and Management.
- Make sure warranty claims are processed and forwarded to supplier.
- Listens to problems of service personnel and works out satisfactorily or brings problems to management for possible solution.
- Inspects all completed work turned in to the Service Department as is appropriate.
- Helps service personnel diagnose troubles if they do not know the problem or cannot find it.
- Recommends new shop equipment which will cut costs in shop and speed up work or which will give the customer more complete coverage.
- Will work with the parts manager to establish a basic parts list for certain overhaul jobs.
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders for the service department.
- Make sure job tickets are properly punched in and out on time clock
- See that job tickets are promptly charged out, both customer and internal.
- Prepares personal/vac/sick reports for Service Department personnel.
- Reviews all service technicians’ time clock reports and submits them to Human Resources in a timely manner.
· Maintain service library.
Education and/or Experience:
· 2 year degree plus 3 years of experience or equivalent years of experience.
· A customer focused and “be of service” attitude.
· Organizational ability and systematic timing.
· Adequate knowledge of work processes and requirements for both physical labor and shop equipment.
· Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
· Leadership, tact and knowledge in assigning and instructing personnel in the proper performance of mechanical operations safely and without damage to materials or persons.
· Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
· Mechanical ability and familiarization with testing equipment and diagnostic procedures.
· Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Bane-Welker offers a competitive salary
· Employer Health benefits
· 401(K) with employer matching
· Plus a great work environment
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and services available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana and beyond.