Senior Commercial Attorney (Global Channels)
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Commercial Attorney (Global Channels) who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts, building relationships, delivering results, and embracing change in a high-growth tech environment. This job is for the individual who has extensive experience engaging with the business and enjoys understanding the business drivers behind a strategic deal or partnership.
What You'll Do:
In your role, you will be a highly visible, impactful member of the Legal department and serve as a strategic partner and adviser to the senior leaders at Bandwidth responsible for driving the company's enterprise sales growth strategy and enterprise product go-to-market strategy. You will be empowered and expected to work effectively in a high growth environment. In this role, you must be comfortable interacting frequently with executives and adept at working collaboratively and proactively both cross-functionally and with external partners. You will report to the VP of the Commercial Legal Team ("CLT").
What You Need:
- J.D. with strong academic credentials
- 8+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience
- At least 6+ years drafting and negotiating enterprise-level, complex technology transactions
- 1+ years experience supporting a channel sales team preferred
- Experience with the telecommunications sector / telecom carriers preferred
- Deep subject matter expertise in commercial transactions, in-house sales, technology partnerships and/or acquisitions, SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of complex agreements
- Energy to quickly absorb, evaluate and respond to novel issues, craft creative legal and business solutions, and reconcile opposing perspectives
- Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic issues as well as deliver on tactical and operational objectives
- Exceptional drafting and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize competing demands, and set expectations with internal clients
- Experience working effectively across organizational, functional and geographic boundaries (i.e., global experience)
- Tech savvy
- Proactive, self-motivated, and outcome-oriented
- Willingness to mentor team members
- Intellectually curious, team-oriented, disdain for drama, and a good sense of humor
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you're embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- "Mahalo moments" program grants additional time off for life's most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Applicant Privacy Notice