Bancroft is a leading service-provider for individuals with autism, other intellectual or developmental disabilities or those in need of neurological rehabilitation.
We provide a full continuum of highly effective services — for people of all ages and every level of abilities — based on best practices and scientifically proven techniques. Our services include special education, vocational training, supported employment, structured day programs, group home and apartment programs both on-campus and in the community, short-term behavioral stabilization services for children, and in-home and outpatient rehabilitation services.
As a nonprofit organization, we are solely committed to supporting people with special needs and their families, to help make it One World. For Everyone.
Bancroft is currently seeking a Occupational Therapist to join our NeuroRehab team located in Toms River, NJ.
Provides direct, consultative, and supportive diagnostic and therapeutic services in occupational therapy to enhance the individual potential for learning and to meet the specific rehabilitation needs of individuals with brain injuries. This includes:
- Providing assistance in the development of occupational therapy and treatment-specific goals and objectives.
- Assisting in the design of functional strategies and the need for adaptive equipment that enhances learning and creates an environment best suited to individual profile and needs. Provides individual, group, and integrated direct treatment, therapy, and/or special rehabilitation skills.
- Prompting and/or assisting each person in the achievement of goals while actively encouraging the independence and competency of each person within his/her ability limit.
- Planning and scheduling the frequency and duration of sessions in accordance with individual needs.
- Providing suggestions regarding the utilization of techniques and/or materials to support and enhance functional abilities. Recommends appropriate adaptive equipment to facilitate optimal functioning, provides recommendations regarding positioning, identifies barriers that may impede individual progress, and recommends environmental accommodations to support functioning and facilitate the carryover of therapeutic goals;
- Demonstrating and instructing individuals and staff in the proper use of functional and adaptive equipment, devices, and occupational therapy strategies and techniques to further the fine motor, sensory, neuromuscular, visual motor/perceptual, and self-care skills.
- Facilitating a team approach to program development, implementation, and monitoring by effectively collaborating with all specialty/clinical disciplines, parents/guardians, residential and day program staff, etc., to identify and best meet the individual rehabilitation needs of each individual.
Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy required with Registration by the National Board of Occupational Therapy and current licensing by the State of New Jersey. Minimum of one year of work experience in occupational therapy preferred, working with neurologically-impaired individuals.
Bancroft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.