Sr Operational Risk Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operational Risk Analyst II-III applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing, and evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and develops recommendations on policies, procedures, or practices for Bci Miami’s Operations. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with a basic understanding of related industry practices. Has a good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing their objectives. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards and has a limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks
- Contributes to risk assessments and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices
- Provides governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, the risk for example
- Ensures that all product, operational, fiduciary, regulatory, and payment system risks are actively identified, monitored, and adequately controlled
- Identifies system or process weaknesses, proposing resolutions that will mitigate the exposure and increase processing efficiency
- Integrates other control functions to ensure all risks are fully scrutinized
- Identifies risks that cross the businesses and organizing cross-functional solutions
- Tracks completion and resolution of all risk issues and produces related reporting
- Additional duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for Bci Miami’s interests, assets, and clients by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policy.
- Assisting in updating and reviewing the Bank's vendor risk and driving the vendor management program.
- Assist in the investigation, analysis, and documentation of incidents affecting the branch with high ethical standards and transparency.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned by management
- Ability to understand, speak (fluently), read and write English and Spanish
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Effectively speaking before groups of customers or employees
- Assume evolving duties and responsibilities of position
- Work all hours required to fulfill job duties and responsibilities including, weekends, evenings and holidays as needed)
- Travel as required
- Provide coverage for other positions as requested
- Ability to carry and lift boxes and/or other objects that may weigh between 10 and 25 pounds.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems.
Not required, but related certifications are desirable and a plus.EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of four years of relevant experience in banking, internal controls, operational risk, and/or risk management. Information Security experience is a plus.
Banco de Credito e Inversiones
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Global Risk Analysis jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.