Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Design and brand are at the core of everything we do at Bambee. You'll partner with our VP of Marketing and Head of Design to define and deliver performant, branded messaging in both digital and print. You’ll optimize conversion funnels on our website, design winning ads, and hone our visual brand across digital ecosystems. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to drive the development of visual design and brand as a whole across the organization.
As our marketing designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space, and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise, and skills in all of these fields to help evolve individuals from site visitors into leads, to paying customers, to repeat users of our digital products, and ultimately to happy customers that willingly refer Bambee to others (partially based on the great digital experiences you’ve helped bring to life).
And since a designer’s work is never done, the successful candidate for this role will study usage data over time and make proactive recommendations on how to continue to perfect what he or she originally created.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs for creative assets from beginning to end
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Design to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience
- Work closely with the marketing team to create both digital and print-based marketing content
- Live deeply in data - your design decisions are driven by quantitative data analysis in order to measure and maximize user impact
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers in order to design emotionally resonant and highly converting experiences
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards and trends in visual design
- Use designs to solve problems and continuously seek out ways to improve processes and materials
- Interpret storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning
- Help us step up our design game by crafting experiences by helping map out and evolve a core set of user journeys & customer personas.
- Participate in activities to gather customer feedback, finding ways to synthesize data from different mediums (i.e, user surveys, direct feedback, website analytics data, etc) and construct new experiences and/or theories for improvements that can be measured & tested.
- Create mobile-centric experiences (ones that just happen to also translate to desktop).
- Help improve onsite conversion funnels, creating test concepts and participating in A/B tests to find and take action on improvement opportunities.
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Graphic Designer, Visual Designer, or Illustrator
- Professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts, and applications for web and mobile app experiences
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism from members of the team, as well as express your opinions in a collaborative manner
- Ability to refine other people’s ideas and define your own to create an exceptional visual experience
- Be willing and excited to act as a business and design partner alongside the Head of Design
- Be a self-starter - we thrive on the entrepreneurial spirit. If you want to start your own business one day, Bambee is the place for you.
- Be able to solve problems creatively and adapt your style
- High proficiency in modern design software including Sketch, Framer, Principal, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Be passionate about all things design and other areas of art and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- A meticulous and thorough creative process
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, or a related field
- Familiarity with design techniques such as user journey maps, information architecture, interaction models, user research, and wireframes
- Ability to establish credibility with team members quickly
- Experience with motion design and related software
- Understanding of how motion design influences UI and interaction design
- Ability to create high-quality illustrations in a distinct style
*A design portfolio of your work is required to be considered for this position.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
- Arts and cultural experience reimbursement to encourage participation in arts and cultural events
- Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.