- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a terrific place to build your career and write your own success story?
Balzer & Associates is searching for an IT Manager. This is an incredible opportunity to lead and grow with an extremely successful firm. At Balzer & Associates, we have been delivering design solutions to clients for over 50 years and are looking for the right team members to contribute to our mission of serving the community. Our employees are recognized as the essential pillars to our development and success; therefore, our focus is on taking exceptional care of not only our clients, but of our team.
When you join our team, you are exposed to all aspects of the design process. As a multi-disciplinary firm, our staff has the unique opportunity to interact, learn, and grow in a collaborative environment where knowledge is gained every day. Our diversity of work and disciplines affords our professionals the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of projects that provide a foundation on which an outstanding career can be built.
Balzer & Associates offers a competitive, robust benefit package to full-time employees consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits.
The IT Manager ensures the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PC's, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on the make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Oversee provision of end-user services
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision
- Develop requests for proposal
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Practice asset management for IT hardware and software and equipment
- Manage IT staffing, including supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to research and determine annual budgetary needs as well as determine future technology needs of the organization as a whole
- Advanced ability to take a collection of computers, servers, network devices, peripherals and other network devices and keep them connected to one another to allow the sharing of data
- Advanced ability to install and configure various softwares to ensure company systems are ready for execution
- Highly skilled in internal customer service, offering flexibility and availability in support of all employees
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related field required
- 5 or more years of experience in the IT field including networking and selecting hardware, software, firmware, settings and documentation to execute the appropriate configuration launch, ensuring system requirements are met, checking for existing versions of software, checking or updating program files, adding configuration data, making the software accessible to the user and updating the software versions
- Experience in the architecture and engineering field a plus
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Employee Management
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Technical Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Balzer & Associates
TechnologyView all jobs at Balzer & Associates