This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary facility, performing Duties and Responsibilities in a professional and courteous manner. This position requires the ability to follow both written and oral instructions. Employees in this position must be able to demonstrate physical strength and endurance for completion of general Duties and Responsibilities outlined in the cleaning Task Schedule within the time assigned to each job.
Brief Summary of Job Duties
- To perform housekeeping related duties in assigned areas as directed by the supervisor.
- Removing trash from assigned areas including outside building entrances and loading docks.
- Dusting, cleaning, scrubbing, floors, restrooms, hallways, stairwells, offices, classrooms, lecture halls, common areas, etc.
- Removing old floor finish, applying new finish, spray buffing floors to maintain an appearance of high luster.
- Cleaning furniture and carpets by vacuuming, shampooing and spot cleaning.
- Operating buffing machines, carpet cleaning equipment, using mops and cleaning cloths.
- Cleaning walls, doors, windows, transoms, display cases both inside and out.
- Replenishing supplies in restrooms (e.g. toilet tissue, hand towels, hand soap, etc.
Preferred a man with at least 2 years experience with carpet cleaning, rug and cubicle cleaning, floor stripping, buffing and waxing.
Other Preferences for Consideration
Candidates should have the ability to; read, write and perform arithmetic calculations; to operate assigned tools and housekeeping equipment; to work with chemicals and cleaning solutions; to understand and follow directions; to lift and transport supplies and refuse and to wear and work in personal protective equipment.