AES Small Group Specialist: Job Description (Part Time)
Below is the job description and requirements for applicants seeking to be employed for the Baltimore Algebra Project’s (BAP) “AES Small Group Specialist” position for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Baltimore Algebra Project is a democratic, student-run and organized 501© (3), non-profit organization mainly focused on the one-on-one tutoring of math at the middle and high school levels. Our mission is to carve a community of leaders as well as exhibit leadership while remaining committed to the education of those in need of advancements in their socioeconomic status.
The BAP is now working with Baltimore City Public School System’s AES programming. AES, by design, has the task of working with Baltimore City youth that have educational gaps due to suspensions and absences from the classroom setting. The AES Small Group Specialists will have the task of facilitating the closing of these educational gaps in the area of mathematics. The student population that will be worked with are Baltimore City Public School System students grades 9-12.
- AES Small Group Specialists will be expected to work seven (7) hour shifts each of the school days; Shifts are 9:00am-1:00pm three days/week..
- Position at other school with other schedule available, please inquire
- Fridays, AES Small Group Specialist are required to attend BAP leadership meetings.
- Reporting to Elementary Middle Alternative Programs(YO! Academy) 1115 Lafayette
- Employing techniques acquired from peer-to-peer teaching or traditional teaching experience.
- Weekly reporting to both AES program administration(BCPSS) as well as BAP leadership.
- Attendance of BAP activities and events throughout the school year.
- Quarterly data tracking and submission
- Two(2) meetings per quarter with Executive Co-Director
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least one year of experience working with youth ages 5-14.
- Must have at least two years of experience working in a peer-to-peer teaching environment. Math related work experience is preferred.
- Must have be familiar with Microsoft office programs (excel, word, power point, etc.).
- Must have reliable phone and transportation; must be work well with email communication
- Must have strong math background OR masteryof foundational math skills and willingness to learn
- AES Small Group Specialist will undergo evaluations administered by BAP leadership (at least two per year. Employment for school years to come will be impacted by evaluations).
Baltimore Algebra Project