Lead Software Engineer
Balsam Brands Boise, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What you’ll do:
- Leading medium to large strategic projects from start to finish including technical solutions to unblock development team from completing a project
- Provide technical analysis, POC’s, technical scoping and estimations on features and functionalities to support product development
- Constantly find ways to improve application performance, stability and reliability of the platform
- Involved in building / improving processes to gain efficiency
- Writing reliable and stable AngularJS codes with unit testing and code review 70% of the time.
- Working with development team, external partners and cross-functional team during project planning, scoping, prioritization, and development.
- Conduct and draft training and mentorship programs for software engineers.
- Provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations 10% of the time.
- Work with data & configuration files such as MS Excel, XML, JSON, etc.
- Assisting in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing e-Commerce websites.
- Building webpage and templates on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Volusion and Hybris.
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise in the system.
- Create proper documentation and integration guide on all applications developed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in NodeJS
- Has experience in AJAX and API integration
- Have some knowledge in Headless Architecture, Java EE, Spring Framework and API driven development
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, training, mentoring and networking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership.
- Have proven experience of technically leading projects to completion
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for Agile methods.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Experience with eCommerce platform integrations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
TechnologyView all jobs at Balsam Brands