Do you enjoy playing with children? Teaching them new skills?
Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life?
Learn about special needs children and the science of changing behaviors?
Join our team, learn new skills, and pay for your college tuition, while having an opportunity to be trained and work as a registered behavior technician.
Job Title Description:
Part time behavior therapist position to serve families in Sylmar and Sherman Oaks.
• Measurement and recording of behaviors targeted for reduction and skill taught during 1:1 sessions
• Direct Implementation of all teaching program procedures and behavior analytic strategies per behavior intervention plan
• Implementation of safety protocols
• On going communication with the clinical team
• Collaboration with other behavior technicians
• Consistent attendance to scheduled sessions and group training
• Compliance with company policies with regards to professionalism and ethical conduct as presented during initial training
Qualifications and Skills:
• Exposure to interaction with special needs children.
• Play skills with children.
• Exposure and confidence in managing aggressive and self injurious behaviors
• Therapeutic approach in caring for clients and their families
• Professional skills in maintaining relationships with clients, families, and colleagues
• Active listening, reading, written and oral communication skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Willingness to travel to various locations where programs are implemented
• Current driver’s license and vehicle registration
• Ability to provide negative TB test results
• Ability to pass FBI & DOJ fingerprinting, health screenings, and provide/obtain immunizations
• Must have Proof of insurance
• Agility and ability to move quickly and bend up and down
• Must be able to sit, stand, and move while engaging children in play activities
Ballsbridge Behavior & Consultation Services
Los Angeles, CA