Production Teammate - Tippin's Plant
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION TITLEProduction Teammate
HOURS - F/T P/TFull-Time - Must be able to work 5:00am - 3:00pm shifts
Apr 18, 2017
OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Why does the position exist? What does it do? How does it contribute to the strategy of Tippin's?
This position is responsible for filling, packing and sealing product in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned.
FUNDAMENTALS OF THE POSITION: Each of them is the result of the activities summarized to achieve the objective of the position and the time spent for each area.
Pays attention to detail. Knows when something is wrong and takes corrective action and notifies the lead teammate as appropriate.
Ensures that product specifications are being achieved (i.e., standard formula, weight, height, length, or color)
Notifies the Lead Teammate or the Maintenance Technician if there is a problem, (e.g., with the line, any safety concerns, mechanical issues, etc.)
Safely cleans machine and work area during shift, at change overs and at the end of the shift.
Label, stack and wrap boxes of finished production on pallets to be ready for shipping.
Washes and cleans all utensils
Disassemble, clean and reassemble all production room and warehouse.
Ensure operations are in accordance with food safety and sanitation standards
Accurately and thoroughly completes all required paper work
Washes down, scrubs and mops production room
Sets up work stating for the following production shift
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS: Internal & External. Relations with other positions and/or third parties that are involved in the performance of the position (e.g. Suppliers, Customers, Chambers, Government, etc.).
Third party audit partners
2Director of Operations
Team Leader of Manufacturing
Human Resources Manager
PROFILE OF THE JOB
Characteristics that position holder must demonstrate to perform the job & reach the Position Objective.
Academic level required by the position holder
High School Diploma or GED.
Proficiency in performance of the Line Worker
Languages: Spanish-speaking would be a plus
- Must be able to read and follow a sequence of written tasks
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and all other food safety requirements.
- Complies with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE's) requirements.
- Oral communication speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
- Must be able to stand and/or exert well-pace mobility for periods of up to two hours in length.
- Understands weights and measurements.
- Able to manage more than one task at the same time.
- Exhibit hand coordination for rapid production.
- Capable of using knives and production equipment responsibly.
- Teamwork- contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; maintains a positive attitude; generates ideas and suggestions that improve the team's performance, the efficiency of the process or the quality of the products.
- Ethics Treats people form own and other cultures with respect; works with honesty and integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability must be able to deal with sudden changes in scheduling to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Decision making able to handle problems and think through to solutions.
- Able to perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
Minimum Applicable Experience (Years of Experience, etc.):
Proficiency in performance of the Production Worker
Food Manufacturing experience a plus
Competencies: Attributes for Success: They are the set of values, knowledge & skills expressed in effective behaviors & habits taken into practice for an outstanding performance & successful results.
Passion for high quality products
Willing to work as a team
Strong initiative, proactive
Communication: written & verbal
Work Environment (Physical Conditions, Sensory Attention, etc.)
Works in a food manufacturing environment. Exposed to typical elements; flour dust, moderate noise, some temperature extremes (oven room, freezers, coolers etc.).
Frequent factory visits; exposed to flour, soy, dairy, peanuts, shellfish
Americans with Disabilities Act (Physical Requirements)
Must be able to work on your feet for several hours at a time
Must be able to lift objects weighting 10 50 pounds
Must be able to ascend/descend stairs
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressKansas City, KS
ManufacturingView all jobs at Balls Foods
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?