Executive Operations Coordinator (Remote)
- Expired: March 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ballotpedia is seeking to hire a full-time, remote Executive Operations Coordinator to support its Chief Operating Officer and other C-Suite executives, in executing their day-to-day and project-based work. This position will provide broad-based support with a focus on optimizing and leveraging the COO's and other's time and efforts through calendar and schedule management, providing key project management support, travel planning and booking, and other general executive-level administrative support.
The Executive Operations Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting with the planning of various recurring and ad-hoc executive-, board-, and department head-level meetings and event activities; ranging from short to multi-day meetings (both virtual and in-person). This position will have the opportunity to assist the executive operations function in coordinating across teams and departments to execute projects in support of the organization's mission and strategic priorities.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. An ideal candidate has extensive experience scheduling and managing calendars, with preference given to candidates with some experience working in an executive assistant or administrative assistant capacity for senior-level executives.
The position reports to the Director of Operations and is a part of the Operations team.
As an Executive Operations Coordinator, you will:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the C-Suite executives, primarily the COO, and serve as a gatekeeper for their time; prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts gracefully; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate recurring and ad-hoc executive-level meetings (i.e., Department Head Team, Strategy Team, and Board of Directors - both virtual and in-person), including setting up agendas, planning logistics, and assisting with administrative follow-up and next action coordination.
- Coordinate all meeting-related logistics and external and internal communications related to these meetings including travel, venue booking, catering, etc.
- Work closely with C-Suite executives, mainly the COO, to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- C-Suite executives travel, mainly for the COO, and ensure that they are prepared for travel by developing, updating, and sharing travel itineraries in advance of travel.
- Ensure that our C-Suite executives are prepared for meetings and conferences, anticipating needs in advance and drafting and providing briefing materials and reminders, as needed.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the C-Suite executive team's ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Attend multi-day, in-person meetings when required, up to 4-6 times per year.
- Execute special projects as assigned by the C-Suite executive team.
- As needed, review, research, and draft correspondence and other documents and collect and provide analysis of information.
- Review memos and other documents that our C-Suite executives receive (internally and externally) and provide recommendations on next actions.
- Manage, organize and submit expense reports on behalf of the C-Suite.
The ideal Executive Operations Coordinator will have:
- A demonstrated passion for Ballotpedia's mission.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience working in an executive assistant-type capacity for senior-level executive(s); C-Suite and/or virtual experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex schedules/calendars is a must. Familiarity with Doodle, Calendly, or other meeting scheduling software tools is a plus.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Impeccable attention to detail, a love of logistics and organizing, and a passion for coordinating people and projects.
- An appreciation for and dedication to providing exceptional customer service in addition to a high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, external partners, and donors.
- A minimum of 1-2 years event and/or meeting planning experience; nonprofit board meeting planning experience a plus, but not required.
- A desire to work collaboratively with Ballotpedia staff from multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good eye for copy-editing.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- A first-rate customer service mindset with a soft spot for hospitality and seamless experiences.
The Executive Operations Coordinator will work remotely from their home location. All Ballotpedia staff work remotely. To join Ballotpedia, you must have a computer with internet access. Ballotpedia uses Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, and more), Slack, and Asana to accomplish our goals. Working familiarity and/or experience with these or similar platforms is highly desirable.
Ballotpedia has a flexible work environment, BP Flex, in which every employee enjoys unlimited vacation and flexibility in scheduling. Each employee will be oriented to the principles of Ballotpedia's flexible environment during new employee training.
The pay range for the Executive Operations Coordinator is $50,000-$60,000, and will be commensurate with experience.
In addition to salary, Ballotpedia offers performance bonuses and a $8,000 annual benefits stipend, which can be used to pay for a full benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance; retirement accounts; and more. If benefits are not elected, the $8,000 stipend is treated as regular income and added to salary.
To apply, click on 'Apply for this job' below and fill out the form.
Please attach the following in PDF format:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in Ballotpedia's mission and this position
Please ensure that either your résumé or cover letter include your current address. Applications without addresses will not be accepted.
Ballotpedia is a collaborative team of fast learners and creative problem solvers who are eager to work hard to make the world a better place. We believe the world will be a better place if every citizen has access to information to make informed decisions about their vote in every election in which they are eligible to vote: primary, general, and special elections; federal, state, and local offices.
We work diligently to present the available information about elections, candidates, judges, ballot measures, policies, and more in a way that enables our readers to vote with confidence and to act as engaged citizens outside of the polling booth.
Ballotpedia readers, like Ballotpedia staff, are special people.
When we launched in 2007, we did not go out of our way to seek new readers. Starting with our small team of visionary idealists, nerds, and aspiring political journalists, we just wrote the best unbiased online articles we could, especially about ballot measures. Readers found those articles in droves. It turns out there was an unclaimed audience out there-people who wanted straightforward facts about political issues, and were willing to read at length instead of just scanning the headlines.
"If you build it, they will come:'' our readers came to our neutral oasis in growing numbers; we've had many millions of lifetime pageviews, we reached nearly half of all voters in 2020, and, in the month surrounding the November 2020 election, we were the 77th most-visited website in the U.S.
We've come to realize that we need to meet our readers where they are. In doing so, over the past five years, we've grown our email newsletter program from infancy to include more than 2,000,000 opt-in subscribers with more than a dozen newsletters to choose from. We are working in numerous ways to help put our neutral information in front of people at the times when they most need it, including on mobile phones while you're standing in the voting booth. We firmly believe that our readers, and the mindset we help them cultivate, are essential to the preservation of our great civilization in a world where too many others are fighting to get us all addicted to sensational posts and the irrational decisions they foster.
If this is a mission you'd be willing to work hard to achieve, and if this is a team you'd be willing to work hard with-JOIN US.
Get fresh Executive Administrative Assistant Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.