The Easterly [St. Thomas] | CHEF DE CUISINE [CDC]
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
THE EASTERLY [ST. THOMAS] - CHEF DE CUISINE
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Paid Time Off
[Full Time Qualification Required. Terms and Conditions Apply]
NO LATE NIGHTS
HOLIDAY CLOSURES [THANKSGIVING DAY & CHRISTMAS DAY]
OUR EXCITING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Easterly is a waterfront dining oasis offering innovative craft cocktails and wood-fired cuisine representative of the rustic Caribbean. The menu is ocean-to-table focused and utilizes locally grown produce and local flavors to compliment the dishes. The Easterly offers one of the Virgin Island's most robust beverage programs with unique handcrafted cocktails, twists on Caribbean favorites, and an extensive list of craft beers & wine. Tucked away in an oasis of palm trees and rich greenery, the restaurant exudes a Bohemian-island vibe and offers a social, vibrant and interactive dining experience.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys coaching and working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The Chef de Cuisine supports the mission of Ballast Hospitality by overseeing day-to-day operations. The Chef de Cuisine also helps cultivate and emulate the ethics and vibe of the brand. This position participates in the hiring and training of personnel at the restaurant and is responsible for ensuring that the stated standards and goals are met. This position works actively with the team to set new goals for improving day-to-day operations through food, experience, and culture.
- Ability to prepare food to the exact specifications of the chef; dedicated to creating well-executed and delicious food.
- Able to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control, and presentation expectations.
- Prepare for food service; clean and chop food, set up and stock stations.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, and attention to cleanliness a must.
- Assist with cleaning and stocking. Open and close the restaurant and perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality while always maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Promote and embrace the restaurant's community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, outgoing nature, and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- At least 1 year of related experience required.
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge.
- High-volume restaurant experience required.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment.
- A passion for food, an exceptional work ethic, and dedication.
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
WHO WE ARE
We believe in living our values, some of which are:
- Without integrity, all else fails.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our staff, and see it as a worthy investment in the future of the company.
- Without creativity, there is no innovation.
- We believe that only a happy and professional staff can give the level of personal service we demand.
- We believe in providing legendary service - the unique and powerful sort of personal care and attention that our guests tell stories about.
- We expect to work hard, exude professionalism, and have fun in the workplace - simultaneously.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive pay. We encourage our employees to grow and learn and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Easterly [St. Thomas] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Ballast Hospitality00802, VI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.