Johnston Memorial Hospital (JMH), the first LEEDs-certified "green" hospital in Southwest Virginia, is a not-for-profit, 116-bed (all private rooms) modern medical facility dedicated to bringing quality health care to the residents of this region which covers Southwest Virginia and extends into our bordering states. JMH is currently seeking Full Time, BE/BC, Emergency Medicine, Residency Trained Physicians to join a contracted group. With 29 beds, the JMH Emergency Department provides treatment to over 40,000 patients annually. There are 50 hours of physician coverage per day and 24 hours of PA/NP coverage.
Here are some facts about JMH:
- On call services include: Peds, OB/GYN, Surgery, Ortho, ICU, Anesthesia, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Nephrology, ENT, Radiology, Interventional Cardiology, OMFS, Gastroenterology, Urology
- 24/7 Radiology and CT Techs
- Bedside ultrasound
- On-site lab
- Cardiothoracic surgery program
- Adult Hospitalist program
- Virginia Medical License
- ABEM/ABOEM Boarded or Board Eligible
- DEA License with Virginia registration
Johnston Memorial Hospital is located in Abingdon, VA, a center point in Washington County and is a designated Virginia Historic Landmark. Located in the Great Appalachian Valley, the town encompasses several historically significant sites and features a fine arts and crafts scene centered on the galleries and museums along Main Street. It is home to such historical landmarks as the Barter Theatre and The Martha Washington Hotel and Spa. There are many outdoor activities located in and around Abingdon such as the 34 mile Virginia Creeper Trail, mountain biking, hiking, camping, horseback riding, fishing, and boating.