Press Mechanic Apprentice
Ball Metalpack Horsham, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have strong mechanical aptitude? We are looking for a new Press Mechanic Apprentice in our Horsham high-speed manufacturing plant!
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot machinery and tooling. Ensure that parts and tooling are in accordance with instructions, prints, and work orders. May be required to make drawings or sketches of parts to be made or repaired.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of all shop equipment to install, maintain, and troubleshoot machinery and tooling.
- Interpret drawings, calculates and determine indices, tapers and other dimensions to be used for part(s), working raw materials into finished dimensions with exact tolerances per print.
- Perform layout work as required.
- Receive tools and paperwork; establish and maintain logbooks.
- Select, grind and adjust tools ensuring correct speeds and feed rates of tooling for efficient machining. Ensure that parts and tooling are in accordance to precision requirements for both tolerance and finish.
- Set-up and operate machine tools, lathes and grinders.
- Perform dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance of production equipment.
- Repair and maintain all assigned machines and equipment including preventative maintenance.
- Perform organizational duties including maintaining an organized and clean work area.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Perform welding and heat treating as needed.
- May provide support for plant facilities maintenance.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
At Ball Metalpack we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Ball Metalpack