Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Administrative Associate - Missions & Systems Engineering
What you'll do:
- Serve as the administrative interface with a myriad of external stakeholders and must collaborate with Executive and Administrative Assistants across Ball Aerospace.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative actions such as schedule coordination, compilation of data for analysis, event planning, written document drafting, travel arrangements and accounting reconciliation/expense reporting.
- Professional interaction with senior level internal and external stakeholders in support of the organization's objectives.
- Plan and execute administrative projects within the office, demonstrating strong problem solving and priority setting competencies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and be aware of topics/projects which are sensitive or proprietary information.
- Demonstrate a capability to communicate and interpret the Director's decisions and views, while maintaining strong internal relationships with other administrative staff.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to time and resource constraints of all leaders and their administrative teams. Partner closely with the administrative team members from different organizations.
- Demonstrate competency in the following areas: informing, problem solving, priority setting, organizational agility, written communications, approachability, professionalism and customer service.
- Demonstrate collaborative behaviors with peers, leaders, and support organizations across Ball Aerospace.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Ball Aerospace employees and external customers/consultants and other stakeholders.
- Understand need to align resources with priorities, while seeking affordable solutions for the company and behaving like a company owner. Balance costs and benefits of actions.
- Provide collaboration-based leadership to other administrative personnel supporting Engineering, in alignment with organization priorities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 2 or more years of experience supporting senior leadership.
- Familiarity with large, complex organizations which operate in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated project and event planning experience, achieving the vision of the event within cost and schedule.
- Strong calendar management skills, coupled with the ability to sort the urgent from the non-urgent, are required.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Mail and Calendar.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Administrative Associate - Missions and Systems Engineering (665939)
Job ID: 665939
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time