Division Controller, Military Housing
Balfour Beatty Investments Malvern, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the role
The Division Controller monitors, controls, and directs the task of an accounting group responsible for a distinct portfolio of property management to ensure that all internal, external, and statutory reporting responsibilities are met in a timely manner. In addition, must work closely with operations to assure that budgets are completed timely and accurately, and that any changes in process are properly reviewed and implemented when they affect the accounting group’s activity. Will coordinate the hiring process to assure adequate staffing for these functions.
What you'll be doing
- Supervises and directs managers, senior and staff accountants in the group
- Maintains a comprehensive list of deliverables and due dates that the group is responsible for
- Establishes processes and procedures that are efficient, effective and consistent with a sound system of internal controls and in compliance with corporate policies. Specifically by:
- Maintaining closing checklists and assuring use by the Senior/Staff accountants in the closing process
- Assure timely availability of information for finance and asset management
- Managing the delivery of owners’ reports to the management
- Reviews financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Directs and reviews annual project budget process
- Reviews and authorizes cash management transactions prepared by accounting staff.
- Maintain good communications with the operations, corporate management, regional managers, other site staff, bank reps, trustees, bondholder reps, regarding financial transactions and related issues.
Who we're looking for
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent with concentration in Accounting curricula.
- 4-8 years’ experience in Accounting
- Proficiency in Excel with time management skills. Yardi experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of general ledger, bank and account reconciliations, ACH/wire transfers and invoice and scheduling review.
- Regularly uses hands to manipulate phones, computer keyboard and similar tools. Sit and stand to perform administrative work.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty Investments is proud to offer challenging and rewarding work in a variety of functional areas. As a company, we operate with safety and sustainability as our primary focus. Equally integral components of our culture are our values—Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Respect—and our code of conduct. Living up to these commitments requires the fresh ideas, insights and talents of employees as diverse as the audiences we interact with every day.
We recruit across a number of core capabilities including business development, project finance, legal and commercial and accounting.
The success of our company is built on the efforts of our employees. We are committed to offering our employees a path to professional success through development, training and mentoring opportunities that cover a wide variety of skills and functional areas.
At Balfour Beatty Investments, our employees are our greatest asset and their well-being means a healthier, more productive workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits and other flexible benefits.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US, and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 15 years, Balfour Beatty Investments (formerly known as Balfour Beatty Capital) has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 60 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and US.
Increasingly, we have been diversifying beyond the traditional PPP sectors into new markets such as power, waste and student accommodation.
To see other positions, click here.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets
Balfour Beatty InvestmentsWhy Work Here?
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate. When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a grow
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion. Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service. Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Balfour Beatty Investments