Baldwin Wallace University Berea, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department/Division: Buildings & Grounds/Finance
Work Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (fall & spring semesters)
Mon. – Fri. 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (summer)
Days and hours are subject to change
Job Summary: Reports to the Grounds Foreman and performs skilled work as an assistant in the Grounds Department.
Responsibilities and Duties: The following duties describe the essential functions of the position and are not to be considered a detailed list of all duties inherent in the position.
- Performing grounds maintenance tasks.
- Cut grass, plant trees, shrubs and flowers; fertilize, prune, remove snow (using shovel, snowplow and blower).
- Empty refuse containers and pick up litter.
- Perform minor concrete and asphalt repairs.
- Dig and remove dirt.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor irrigation systems.
- Set-up for University special events.
- Ability to adhere to standard safety procedures and/or safe operating procedures.
- Ability to work various hours due to weather conditions.
- Will assist other trade areas as needed.
- Position may require light masonry work or assist with masonry work.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain valid Ohio Driver’s license and be insurable by the University’s carrier.
- Must be self-motivated to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Minimum 3 years landscaping/horticultural experience or training. Experience operating grounds equipment.
- Ability to use agricultural chemicals and apply safety procedures regarding their handling.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Understand landscaping blueprints and maps.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, students, staff and guests.
- Must possess good computing skills
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Must successfully complete 90-day probationary period. Will be required to pass background investigation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as varying weather conditions, extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noise.
- Significant walking, moving, climbing, carrying, some crawling, reaching, bending, kneeling, handling, sitting, standing, pushing and pulling.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy lifting, pushing or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Must be capable of climbing and working from high ladders.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions and wearing safety equipment.
A competitive pay rate plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, uniforms, 12 days paid sick leave, 10 days paid vacation, 15 paid holidays, short-term disability, 403 (b) retirement plan, life insurance and tuition remission benefits for employee and family.
Send resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF and submit via the To Apply link on BW’s Employment and Careers’ web page at https://www.bw.edu/employment.
Baldwin Wallace is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs - https://www.bw.edu/about/diversity/.
Baldwin Wallace University
Real EstateView all jobs at Baldwin Wallace University