Senior Program Manager - Operations
Baldwin Richardson Foods Macedon, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role can be located in our Rochester, NY or our Westmont, Illinois facility and requires up to 25% travel.
WHAT WE NEED
The Senior Program Manager for Food Product Commercialization at Baldwin Richardson Foods (BRF) will lead complex, mission-critical commercial initiatives, from ideation to launch phase, by partnering with senior leadership to drive to their pioneering vision. The SPM will balance robust risk mitigation tactics against the need for speed and quality and will act as a leader and decision maker aligned to business goals and objectives. The SPM will bring a keen understanding of the craft of project and program management, and will have the opportunity to design, develop, and inspire its function and effectiveness for years to come.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and take full ownership of the NPD Program for one or more of BRF’s product lines.
- Mentor, coach, and lead junior team members (Project/Program Managers).
- Ensures new product development resources, tools, knowledge and Project Management best practices are in place to meet NPD Program objectives.
- Drives goal setting and planning activities.
- Identify and develop the right teams and ensure high-performance execution.
- Ensures timely completion of deliverable consistent with product strategy, product specification, quality, safety, performance and the NPD process.
- Works closely with Product Technical Leads to establish clearly specified NPD objectives, in line with the Product Line Strategy.
- Defines program key milestone deliverables, funding, and resource loading for various NPD projects to meet Product Line Vitality objectives.
- Proactively and objectively mitigate risks to prevent issues -- and when issues arise, rally the team to resolve and minimize its consequences.
- Efficiently and regularly communicate the status of our most critical initiatives is clear across key stakeholders.
- Ensures all product stakeholders are represented in the NPD process.
- Manages execution per the program schedule by leading Program/Project Teams and facilitating the communication / interaction amongst the functional representatives.
- Manages projects directly and/or by overseeing functional project leads to meet Stage-Gate milestones and deliverables.
- Works closely with resource owners in engineering, operations and commercial functions for proper and timely staffing of projects.
- Ensures Value Engineering and Design for Manufacturing principles are appropriately applied during projects.
- Track’s progress of all NPD projects in program against schedule, cost and specification, and implements immediate corrective actions where needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Food Science, Technical, or related field.
- 7+ years of successful Project Management experience.
- PMP/PMI-ACP Certification required.
- Experience with project management programs such as MS Project and/or Clarizen, SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Prior work experience in Operations or an R&D environment a plus.
- Prior experience managing Capex projects.
- MBA a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead effective discussions on controversial or complex topics to top management.
- Knowledge/expertise in the Food Industry, Manufacturing, and/or related industry.
- Solid business acumen.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including making presentations to customers as well as upper management.
- Ability to create moderately complex spreadsheets, evidenced by ability to create and edit charts, filter and sort lists, format and link data; as well as the ability to enter and edit complex formulas, filter lists, sort ranges, create and run macros, and use data analysis tools (pivot tables, scenarios, etc.)
- Advanced Project Management skills as evidenced by the ability to effectively manage projects to meet deadlines.
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language.
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods.
Baldwin Richardson Foods
BusinessView all jobs at Baldwin Richardson Foods