Coffee Bar Manager at Baldwin & Co.
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
Baldwin & Co. in New Orleans, LA is looking for one coffee bar supervisor to join our 15 person strong team. We are located on 1030 Elysian Fields Ave. Our ideal candidate is attentive, ambitious, and hard-working.
Baldwin & Co.
1030 Elysian Fields Ave
New Orleans, Louisiana 70117
COFFEE BAR SUPERVISOR
BALDWIN & CO. COFFEE BAR SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
The role of the Coffee Bar Manager is to lead the assigned location with success by taking ownership of the location and maintaining an organized and efficient process for regular operations. The Coffee Bar Manager runs the location with attention to detail, creating a vibrant customer culture as well as a healthy team setting. They execute Baldwin & Co. high standards and hold the team accountable to these standards.
The Coffee Bar Manager responsibilities include all day-to-day food and beverage operations of their location, managing and training barista staff, educating customers on our menu, making recommendations based on customer preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders.
To be successful in this role, the Coffee Bar Manager should have leadership skills, time management skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, advanced knowledge of coffee brewing, espresso preparation methods and specialty drinks, and a motivation to keep the store clean and presentable. They should be flexible to work various shifts throughout the weekly schedule.
This position’s compensation is a salary with optional health care benefits.
DUTIES WHEN WORKING OR NOT WORKING A SHIFT:
Coffee Bar Manager Duties:
• Set a positive tone and strong work ethic, leading by example
• Train and educate your team on Baldwin & Co. process and policies
• Communicate information and any changes to your team
• Make the barista schedule, working with availability and shift preferences as much as
• Manage cash for your location:
• Deposit cash twice a week (usually Monday and Friday)
• Maintain sufficient rolled coin and small bills in the safe
• Hold your team accountable using Baldwin & Co. discipline protocol (the steps in this protocol should be discussed/carried out in person, not over texts, emails or phone calls)
• Keep the store clean and presentable, modifying checklists as needed to maintain a clean environment
• Inventory and Ordering
DUTIES WHEN WORKING A SHIFT:
First Priority - Customers:
• Immediately greet customers as they enter
• Engage customers before taking orders (i.e. “How are you today?”)
• Educate customers on menu items and answer any questions they ask
• Discern customers preferences and make recommendations accordingly
• Take orders while paying attention to details (i.e. preferences of temperature and syrup)
• Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
• Serve prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
• Prepare and serve beverages following recipes
Second Priority - Between Customers:
• Open and close the store (first and last person here)
• Assess what needs accomplished in your shift, then prioritize and delegate
• Keep your team moving and working, checking for quality and thoroughness
• Set up and complete roasting batches
• Manage house-made syrup quantities and make as needed
• Manage storage areas and put away all deliveries when they arrive
• Count and close cash drawer after closing, bundling money in safe for deposit
• Notice if equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
• Comply with health and safety regulations
• Recommend new menu items and communicate customer feedback to GM and/or Owner
• Keep the bar area clean
• Brew drip coffee as needed
• Maintain an empty dirty dish bin
• Wash and put away dishes in the kitchen
• Fill the drinking water container, cup tray, and buffet items
• Maintain a clean dining area, sanitizing tables and chairs, and sweeping crumbs off floor
• Maintain stock of syrups, bar fridge, pastries, bagged coffee and merchandise
• Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
• Delegate and complete tasks on the checklist (for the appropriate shift) with initials by who did what task, working ahead to ensure completion before the shift is over. Stay until it is completed.
• Complete daily tasks as possible (first shift), and complete before end of day (second shift)
• If there is time and it is appropriate, complete items on the next shift's checklist
- General Manager
- Coffee Bar Supervisor
- Shift Lead
- Barista | Bookseller
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position of a commitment to 40 hours per week. Days and hours will vary to include evening and weekend work according to business needs. Flexibility in schedule is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The key physical requirements of this position include the ability to walk and stand for an extended period of time, reaching, bending, stooping, being able to lift up to 50 pounds, and the use of standard kitchen and specialized coffee equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Baldwin & Co.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
FoodView all jobs at Baldwin & Co.