Radiologic Technologist - Part-Time
Balboa Nephrology Medical Group, Inc San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Balboa United seeks a Part-Time Radiologic Technologist to work in the Vascular Access Center clinic, near the La Mesa area. This position will work Wednesday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
Why work for Balboa?
- Retirement benefits after 1 year of service with employer contribution of up to 10% of annual pay!
- Generous paid time off!
- Voted Top Workplace of San Diego 2017 and 2020!
About Balboa United
Beginning in 1973, Balboa has grown from two physicians to a comprehensive nephrology team of 52 board certified physicians and 8 advanced practitioners. On January 1, 2018, Balboa Nephrology Medical Group (BNMG) launched Balboa United, a full-service medical practice management services organization. From one small office, BNMG now has 24 clinical offices throughout San Diego, Imperial, Orange and Riverside counties. In addition to office and hospital-based patient care, Balboa physicians manage the dialysis treatments of approximately 4,500 patients at 88 dialysis centers and conduct Nephrology based clinical research at 6 centers throughout Imperial and San Diego counties (California Institute of Renal Research).
Patient-centered I Accountability I Respect I Innovation I Data-Driven
About the Position
This position assists the clinical team with vascular access procedures, maintaining a sterile field, and providing support during pre- and post-procedure activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist clinical team with patient and procedure room preparation and post-procedure clean-up
- Assist in interventional procedures by operating the C-Arm, scrub-in for procedures including but not limited to angiograms, angioplasty, thrombectomy, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters, vein mapping, and accessory vein ligation; clean and sterilize instruments
- Maintain sterile field during procedures and notify Interventionalist of any break in sterile procedure which may compromise the procedure or patient safety
- Count needles, sponges and instruments as required
- Track use of medications and supplies during procedures
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies both for the center and in the procedure room
- Assist as needed with the effective operation of the vascular access center
- Maintain radiology safety-monitoring procedures and serve as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the center
- Assist in scheduling patients for vascular access procedures and provide assistance in transporting patients within the center
- Participate in community education activities regarding access center
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
- State license and/or fluoroscopic permit to practice radiologic technology if required by state law
- Associate’s Degree in Science or successful completion of a formal educational program accepted by ARRT required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general diagnostic, special procedures, or cardiac catheterization required with demonstrated knowledge of sterile techniques
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have dose(s) completed by September 30 or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have dose(s) completed by September 30 or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
- Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiology (CV-IR) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgement and react appropriately in emergency situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and coworkers
- Background check required
- Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions.
- Travel to other sites located within San Diego County may be required
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Supervisory duties – no
- Status – part time
- Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop, computer, mouse, and photocopier.
- Physical Demands – While performing duties, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, read, write, type and respond. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to lift up to 35 pounds unassisted, able to stand for extended periods of time, lift patients, wear a lead apron, open cabinets at various levels, bend, stand, stoop and drive if necessary.
*EEO Statement Balboa United is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. Our Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion (including religious dress & grooming), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Balboa United, including managers and co-workers. If you believe you have been subjected to any form of unlawful discrimination, submit a written complaint to your manager or Human Resources (HR). Your complaint should be specific and should include the names of the individuals involved and the names of any witnesses. If you need assistance with your complaint, or if you prefer to make a complaint in person, contact the Company's Human Resources Department. We will immediately undertake an effective, thorough, and objective investigation and attempt to resolve the situation.
Balboa Nephrology Medical Group, Inc
AddressSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Balboa Nephrology Medical Group, Inc