The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Manager, Accounting and is responsible for performing accounts payable duties as assigned.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Make timely payments for internal vouchers and expenses
- Enter invoice information into the PeopleSoft system through voucher entry with a high degree of accuracy for review by the Accounting Manager
- Properly record invoice expenditures to expense accounts based on the FERC financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Answer inquiries from vendors, suppliers, and employees, and research discrepancies
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Run queries in the PeopleSoft system that assist in month end closing
- 1099 maintenance
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
· Associate degree in business or a related field is required; Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred
· Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training
· Some knowledge of PeopleSoft (preferred)
· Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel experience is required
· High degree of professionalism
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Hands-on strategic approach and team player mentality with high degree of accountability.
· Demonstrated record of flexibility and initiative. Ability to deliver results in a high-stakes environment while maintaining confidence and poise.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and build effective relationships at the highest level of organization.
· Ability to be flexible in ambiguous situations and align the interests of multiple stakeholders
· Positive and team-oriented attitude
· Demonstrated ability to effectively earn credibility with team and other key business stakeholders.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time
· Use of computer screens for longs periods of time
· Ability to work in an environment that may require lifting of 40+ pounds