Looking for an HR Manager - relocation package is available. Apply now for immediate consideration
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing all plant employees, recruitment and hiring process for hourly positions, plant scheduling, employee/labor relations, safety and training, plant payroll, hourly and salaried benefits, and administrative budget. Position assists in making and interpreting company policy and collective bargaining agreement (for union plants), interpret and apply applicable state and federal laws, and manage staff.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and may supervise administrative support and/or HR Assistant positions. The position works closely with plant staff, corporate human resources, applicants, staffing agencies, and external vendors.
1. Administer contract for union plants and salaried handbooks. Maintain healthy relationship with management, employees, and the Union (for Union plants), investigate and resolve grievances and employee issues, guide supervisors and managers in the interpretation and application of CBA and policies, manage and maintain bid process, and guide and manage the disciplinary process.
2. Manage and oversee administrative functions within the plant human resources. Oversee payroll and benefits for hourly employees. Oversee salaried benefits. Review weekly payroll. Manage administrative budget. Coordinate employee parties, recognition programs, fundraisers, and other functions.
3. Manage plant health and safety programs. Ensure regulatory compliance; conduct regularly safety audits for process, infrastructure, and behavioral compliance and improvement; manage and guide the accident investigation process; develop and deliver annual safety training and monthly shift safety trainings.
4. Administer workers’ compensation claims to mitigate current and future liability and losses; attend all employee visits to physician. Ensure regulatory compliance. Manage RTW program. Maintain OSHA 300 Log and attachments and BLS reporting. Remain on-call 24/7 in the event that an employee is injured and requires medical treatment.
5. Manage the recruiting and onboarding strategies for the hiring of hourly plant employees and assist with salaried employees, including: identifying and maintaining hourly headcount; applicant screening and interviewing; conducting background checks and job offers; and conducting onboarding for all new hires.
6. Manage training process for all plant employees. Identify employee training needs and ensure workforce is adequately trained. Train managers on employment law and other regulatory issues that are specific to their positions.
7. Document Control: Develop and implement SOP’s and SSOP’s relevant to the area of responsibility. Ensure appropriate documents are stored and approved within the Intelex system. Ensure appropriate personnel are adequately trained to all relevant approved documents.
8. cGMP’s: Ensure compliance to, and enforcement of all company policies and procedures concerning cGMP’s, food safety and all appropriate pre-requisite programs.
9. Manage employee leave and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws. Providing training and counsel to managers as needed.
10. Participate in routine meetings such as: ORM, OMT, safety, department meetings, grievance hearings, etc.
11. Maintain an understanding of HR issues and needs through participation in professional organizations, legislation, and industry trends.
12. Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
13. Prosser, Oxnard, Medford, and Woodburn Plants: Prepare daily labor schedules. Post changes and work with local temporary staffing agency to ensure staffing resources are met.
14. Prosser, Oxnard, Medford, and Woodburn Plants: Input and process hourly employees’ payroll. Minimize plant employees’ overtime and ensure adequate scheduling.
15. Provide leadership and supervision of administrative support staff and/or HR Assistant. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
· Principles and practices of human resources management and processes.
· Principles and practices of organization development and management.
· Employment trainings and development systems and methods.
· Principles and practices of complex program and project development and administration.
· Principles of policy development.
· Principles and practices of outreach, recruitment and selection.
· Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles.
· Principles and practices of job analysis, job classification and compensation systems.
· Principles and practices of performance management systems.
· Pertinent Federal, State, and local employment laws, codes and regulations.
· Manage and coordinate a variety of human resource-related projects and/or programs.
· Interpret and explain policies and procedures, and applicable Federal, State, and local laws as they apply to the human resources management function.
· Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
· Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
· Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
· Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
· Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
· Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field.
· Minimum of five years of HR experience in human resources.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Progressively responsible experience managing recruitment and employment is preferred.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
· Constantly works in an office environment, frequently has exposures to a manufacturing/plant environment, and occasionally has exposures to a lab or outdoors environment.
· Constantly deals with highly confidential information
· Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
· Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
· Constantly works with dissatisfied or angry customers/employees
· Constantly works from home and may be required to remain on-call 24/7 for employee injuries
· Physical requirements of the job:
o Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds and frequently lifts up to 20 pounds
o Vision requirements: Constantly uses near and far vision, color vision, or depth perception
o Constantly talks, stands, walks, types, reaches, uses repetitive hand motions, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
o Frequently climbs or drives
o Occasionally lifts, crouches, kneels, reaches, stoops, and/or grasps
o Types of exposures encountered on the job: Frequently has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise and may occasionally have exposures to human blood and pathogens, toxic or caustic chemicals, odors or fumes, extreme heat/cold temperatures, or electrical current
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Balance Staffing- Roseville
Why Work Here?Balance Staffing is a full-service staffing agency that aims to unite talented and hardworking people with excellent workplaces, while building lasting relationships with our employees and our clients. To us, job seekers are more than a resume; they are unique individuals working to achieve their career dreams and companies aren’t clients, but partners striving for business success. Our goal is connecting top talent with exceptional employers. Since 1997, that’s been our guiding purpose, inspiring us to always be at our best, so we can be there for you.
We make a difference in the lives of our employees through Integrity, Innovation, Relationships, and Passion.