Balance Staffing is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer (manufacturing environment)! Apply now for immediate consideration.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software used during assembly and test of precision instrumentation. The software interfaces with measurement equipment, flow meters, valves, and controllers through serial communication. The Software Engineer will also be responsible for developing user interface programs that enable our customers and applications engineers to configure products in the field. This position will be an active part of multi-disciplinary teams and will lead the design and development of software used. Working with electrical and mechanical engineers, project managers, and client teams, you will have a direct impact on the success of projects and end products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design software, firmware, and hardware solutions
• Perform software maintenance, troubleshooting and engineering on manufacturing test equipment to keep it running efficiently
• Create and update procedures and documentation describing how to use software
• Capture requirements and interviewing domain experts
• Perform software and equipment upgrades to reduce labor, improve calibration accuracy and eliminate quality issues that may occur in the manufacturing process
• At least 8 years of proven software development experience, full stack with at least 2 years at a senior level
• At least 2 years of database experience (schema design, programmatic interaction etc)
• At least 4 years of C/C++ experience
• At least 2 years’ experience with the Microsoft .Net Framework (VB, C#)
• Understanding of Object Design, Threads, and resource Pools (ie. DB Connections etc)
• Ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience
• Understanding of fluid and/or thermo dynamics
• Experience with embedded microprocessors and their corresponding development environments.
• Experience with software QA
• Experience interfacing discrete electronics, especially in C
• Understanding Analog and Digital/TTL logic
• Hands on knowledge of as least one digital communications protocol (ie. RS232, ModBus, BACNet, etc)
• BSEE/MSEE/Computer Engineering degree or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Flow Measurement and Metrology principles a plus.
• Knowledge of uncertainty analysis, measurement filtering and standard deviation.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Balance Staffing- Roseville
Why Work Here?Balance Staffing is a full-service staffing agency that aims to unite talented and hardworking people with excellent workplaces, while building lasting relationships with our employees and our clients. To us, job seekers are more than a resume; they are unique individuals working to achieve their career dreams and companies aren’t clients, but partners striving for business success. Our goal is connecting top talent with exceptional employers. Since 1997, that’s been our guiding purpose, inspiring us to always be at our best, so we can be there for you.
We make a difference in the lives of our employees through Integrity, Innovation, Relationships, and Passion.