Cold Storage Facility in Tracy seeking experienced maintenance technician
Shift: Must be open to all shifts
Position Summary: This is an Operations position responsible for the safe operation, daily monitoring and activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility, refrigeration systems, dock equipment, electrical systems-low voltage up to 480v, forklift fleet, and the security systems of the facility.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: The Maintenance Technician works from the USCS’ Standard Operating Procedures Manual, preventative maintenance schedule, project work orders, and production schedule. A Maintenance Technician is required to complete all daily, weekly, and annual preventative maintenance tasks within a scheduled time frame while maintaining and recording all required log sheets and history records. This position requires the use of judgment on the most efficient manner to complete the assigned projects and repairs safely.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform daily equipment inspections and necessary maintenance repairs.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Maintain organization and keep inventory of Maintenance Shop supplies and tools
• Perform building maintenance with routine inspections of lighting, dock equipment, refrigeration system, etc.
• Responsible for any routine maintenance tasks as directed by Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, or Facility Management.
• Prepares building for season changes.
• Maintains proper appearance of building by cleaning, painting and repairing.
• Able to pass fit test for Level A PPE
• Demonstrates an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
• Refrigeration Operator I
• Proficient with a multimeter
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for any routine maintenance or operational task assigned.
• General house-keeping of all maintenance areas including refrigeration system.
• Routine inspections of all equipment including but not limited to: Building, Handling and Refrigeration equipment.
• Take readings of compressors, evaporators and receivers.
• Limited use of computer control system for refrigeration equipment.
• Performs all repairs and adjustments of the HVAC system, all doors, dock levelers, dock locks, pallet racks, and material handling equipment, and much more.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, etc.
• Maintains and repairs refrigeration equipment.
• Maintains batteries and chargers.
• Adjust and repair 110v-480v electrical equipment.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records utilizing INFOR and other work order systems.
• Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
• Participate in staff and/or other meetings if required.
• Develop PC/tablet skills to perform any e-mailing, reports, label preparation, order release, driver sign-out, inventory checks and/or any type of PC/tablet function necessary for that specific area.
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
• Safety glasses, seat belts, and ID badges must be worn if associates are on forklifts.
• Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/lunch room area.
• Safety, Sanitation, and Security
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
• Required to attend Ammonia Training Class and test fitted yearly.
Responsibility and Authority
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
• Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
• Verify the implementation of solutions.
• Responsible to substitute for Assistant Chief Engineer when not available with respect to routine maintenance, operations, and emergency response under the direction of facility management.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job :
• Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and drive a registered motor vehicle to satisfy daily work requirements.
• Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments.
• Have good arithmetic skills
• Be able to read.
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
• Available to work various shifts.
• Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
• Pass written and driving forklift exam.
• Pass medical evaluation and Test fitting for respirator yearly.
• Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
• Getting along with peers
• Lifting a minimum of 100 lbs. on Occasion
• Self-productive, manage your time efficiently
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
-Previous warehouse maintenance preferred
-Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints preferred
-Previous ammonia refrigeration experience preferred
-Knowledgeable of various types of equipment and practices in maintenance trades.
-Refrigeration Operator I / RETA CARO preferred
-Refrigeration Operator II Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
• Use of hand tools, and warehouse machinery.
• The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting a minimum of 100 lbs.
• Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer and USCS daily and seasonal requirements.
• Able to lift and move product above head.
• Have acceptable and / or correctable vision.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to - 30 degrees F.
• The noise level in the work area is usually moderate to high.
• Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.
• Daily workflow is fast paced, dependent on daily and seasonal customer and USCS company requirements.