Project Manager - Mechanical Engineering
Bala is a dynamic growth-oriented company, built on relationships with our clients, staff, and industry partners. At Bala you will enjoy an exceptional employee experience that results in a successful career based on collaboration, leadership and personal development.
We are seeking a Project Manager in our Boston office to manage select projects while developing and growing a group that is capable of executing large scale projects on a regional and national basis. This person will also provide technical expertise, serve as a resource to the staff, and support the sales efforts by establishing and maintaining client relationships.
The position is viewed as a dynamic and entrepreneurial position that helps drive change, internally and externally, through the firm. The Project Manager is responsible for not only their projects but helping those around them. The candidate should view this as a high opportunity position with the opportunity for advancement. At Bala, we believe in collaboration, and that we as a whole are better than the sum of our parts, so we actively share work and knowledge across all five of our offices.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- The emphasis may be in relation to Real Estate, Highrise, Tenant Improvement, Mission Critical, Life Sciences and/or Building Infrastructure, dependent upon the candidate’s skill set.
- Project management functions including scope responsibilities, client management, scheduling, and financials.
- Vet company processes and provide input.
- Develop and support assistant project managers eventually capable of performing independently on similar project types.
- Be a technical resource for the staff.
- Utilize quality control reviews to reinforce technical lessons and company processes.
- Complete internal peer reviews and provide input in multi-discipline page turns, across all offices, to assist in the development of a comprehensive design.
- Perform page turns prior to all major project deliverables.
- Provide input utilizing sound engineering principles.
- Provide input on individual staff member performance, advancement, and potential.
- Review workforce projections and determine how they relate to staffing.
- Identify times and strategies to manipulate design schedules to work with staffing.
- Drive ownership, accountability and culture through the company.
- Interact with partners and executives on a regular basis to further the growth and quality agenda of the firm.
- Marketing / Business Development Support
- Identify potential business opportunities.
- Work with the leadership team to develop fees on complex projects.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Grow the volume and footprint of the office market sectors.
The requirements for this position include:
- At least 10 years’ experience in engineering consulting or adjacent field (construction, owner’s representative, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other relevant field
- PE license preferred
- Strong technical writing skills
- Knowledge of building codes
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Knowledge of Sustainable certification programs
As a multi-discipline engineering firm, BALA is a leader in innovative designs for building systems in High Rise, Mission Critical, Multi-Unit Housing, Commercial Office, Higher Education, Transportation, Adaptive Reuse and Life Science facilities.
Bala’s compensation package includes a rich benefits package along with market competitive salary structure. Our culture creates an environment where relationships thrive and careers flourish.
Follow us @balaconsultingengineers on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
Bala ConsultingBoston, MA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.