The Production Supervisor directs the activities of production personnel, employee safety, assures production output to meet schedule (at planned rates), assure product quality, compliance to company GMP's, and area housekeeping, all within planned cost parameters.
This role is also a fundamental contributor to the recruiting, selection, on boarding, training and retention of team members in production and other team members in support roles.
Must be able to work 2nd shift, start time 2:00 pm
- Supervision on an assigned shift and assures the shift is properly staffed (within manning standards), the timing and amount of production is accomplished as scheduled, materials are made available in the production area, and output is appropriate to meet schedule.
- Maintain awareness of employee needs and concerns and take steps necessary to foster a positive and respectful work environment.
- Responsible for coaching and directing and training employees in the system programs, activities as required.
- Successful Performance Will Be Characterized By
- Department safety performance
- Production complete and on-time
- Daily production reports
- Quality within established company specifications (product appearance, taste, odor, weights, packaging, storage, etc)
- Assure documentation and reporting of
- SPC line charting, batch sheets, and pallet and rack tags (interim product), etc.
- Weight control and metal detector daily/hourly checks
- Area housekeeping and GMP
- Equipment upkeep and maintenance, timely and cost-efficient
- Product compliance to specification
- Product outages
- Cost of goods
- Raw material variance
- Packaging variance
- Direct labor utilization to meet manning standards * Execution of key responsibilities is expected as a result of the direct supervision of production employees on a respective shift. This will include involvement in the employee selection process
- Employment orientation
- Employee skills, safety, and GMP training
- Continual review and coaching for improved performance
- Employee performance reviews * Champion for quality and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) on the production floor. He/she will assure that quality systems, once identified, are followed, that employees are trained to identify quality issues, and that document corrective actions are identified and taken.
- Quality management includes product, materials, and equipment. Manufacturing, dock and storage areas should be maintained in good (GMP) condition. Successful quality management performance includes compliance and documentation of in-plant quality systems.
- Has the ability to function under stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 years minimum experience as an Operations/Production Supervisor
- 3 years progressive management development within manufacturing and supply chain functions
- Must have Food Industry/ Manufacturing experience in a leadership role
- AA degree or equivalent of school and food industry experience
- Champion of Health & Safety and Food Safety Programs
- Experience with budgeting and cost controls, labor control
- Proven track record of managing for results
- Ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish
Culture and Perks
Our culture is innovative and fun! We care about our employees and enjoy making them feel welcomed and appreciated everyday in our new state of the art facility. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401K (with GREAT company match) and one of a kind support staff!
Bakkavor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.