What is a Department Lead?
The Department Lead is responsible for coordinating the manufacturing and assembly of products following the Company policies in Health and Safety, Food Safety and Operational processes according to our standards. This role is responsible for directly supervision the team members and participates in the recruiting, performance management and training of the team members in the department.
- Ensures that team members under his/her leadership comply with the Company’s Health & Safety and Food Safety programs and requirements.
- Analyzes the production schedules to coordinate production and assists in interpreting job orders and product specifications to team members
- Coordinates assignment of duties with the team members and coordinates preparation of ingredients which may include scaling and measuring, opening cans, chopping/slicing items according to the production schedule.
- Ensures the proper processing of all products by the team. This may include mixing, pouring, assembly, cooking, baking, decorating, slicing and cutting, finishing, packaging, palletize, etc.
- Ensures consistent quality and appearance of the products.
- Covers for production supervisor (s) as required and based on the needs of the company.
- Directs and participates in the in the change-over processes with the sanitation group, cleaning the facility, equipment, floors, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all equipment and tools in facility while observing all sanitation and safety precautions.
- Trains team members on proper use of equipment as needed, once has received the proper training certification. Uses the computer for generating case labels, reports, and documentation. May use the photocopier to make copies
- Carries out team leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in interviewing and training employees; performance management, planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time
- Communicates regularly with and in coordination with Production Supervisor in assigning duties to crew members and examining work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to specifications.
- Directs team members to complete the manufacturing processes and tasks as assigned by the Production Manager or Supervisor and according to the production plan.
The Ideal Candidate
- High School Diploma
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish, Preferred
- Excellent communication
- Able to lead teams, 40+ employees
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions.
- This is an hourly position
Culture and Perks
Our Texas culture is innovative and fun! We care about our employees and enjoy making them feel welcomed and appreciated every day in our new state of the art facility. Break time comes easy with free caffeine at your fingertips. Café Lattes not your thing? No problem! Recharge your batteries, with our lunchtime lounge chairs and charging stations. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401K (with GREAT company match) and one of a kind support staff!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.