Commercial Roofing Foreman
- $30 to $35 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Baker Roofing Company - Foreman
This is a unique opportunity to take control of and propel you along your career path. Baker Roofing invests in our employees by empowering success through a structured growth plan and intensive training courses. We value our employees by providing competitive benefits, prioritizing safety, and emphasizing work-life balance.
With more than 20 locations across the Southeast, Baker Roofing Company is an industry leader in providing an outstanding experience in commercial roofing, residential construction, metal fabrication, restoration, and more. We pride ourselves on over 100 years of quality work, investing in our employees, and providing a family-centered culture.
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Cover roofs with TPO, EPDM, PVC, and related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures.
- Education: High School/ G.E.D
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of roofing experience
- Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety techniques and procedures to set up a safety plan including toolbox talks, safety huddles
- Calculate and control labor projections, material storage, and material needs
- Ability to read shop drawings, reproduce manufacturing details, and layout roofs and walls
- Knowledge of how to cut, shape, fit, join, and install edge metal, insulation, ice & water shields, wood, or other construction materials
- Run material inventory
- Knowledge of how to install pipe boots, ridge/hip caps, rake, nail base, valley, eave lock, and ice & water shield
- Knowledge of how to install counter flashing, coping, fascia, gutters, miters, downspouts, roof curbs, flat lock, and thru-wall flashing
- Knowledge of how to install crickets, chimney flashing, curbs, and how to make seaming and horizontal and vertical soldering
- Ability to fulfill: timesheets, shop requisitions, and job reports
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to work on a team and take corrective action when necessary
- Ability to train and supervise the crew and subcontractors as needed in order to meet the quality and production goals
- Meet with GC and customers
- Thoroughly review job file and shop drawing with manager and including the scope of work, materials ordered and delivery schedule, budget for labor productions (man-days), and job site contacts
- Ensure that proper safety and equipment are on the job and used in the proper manner; Foreman needs to coordinate these needs with the manager but is ultimately responsible
- Supervise and support crew every day about safety, quality, and labor production
- Monitor and maintain job site cleanliness and daily housekeeping
- Make sure on-site equipment is monitored and maintained, such as oil changes on kettle motors, belts on cutters, etc.
- Prepare and submit daily job reports, field progress problems, technical questions, and timesheets, as directed by manager
- Responsible for overall quality control of each job including: checking for water tightness, mops left on the roof, ensuring the job site is complete and has been cleaned up properly, coordinate punch list and job close out before crew leaves job site for the last time
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions
- Cut felt, shingles, and strips of flashing, and fit them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs and seal the seams
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining distance of roofing material overlap using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles
- Covering roofs and exterior walls of structures with slate, single-ply systems, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, and/or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, and other tools.
- Operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
- Train and coach other employees
- Requires standing up for long periods of time
- Requires use of ladders, scaffolds, and stairways
- Requires ability to climb, lift, balance, walk, and handle materials
- Requires use of abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving out or fatiguing
- Requires seeing details at close range
- Requires repetitive movement, bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling
- Requires ability to stand, walk, lift, and carry items weighing 50 pounds regularly
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, including exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants, hazardous material, or equipment
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences, therefore safety procedures need to be followed
- Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Requires exposure to high places or dangerous conditions
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Baker Roofing Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you need special assistance or accommodation in applying for employment at Baker Roofing Company, please contact our Recruiting department at 919-828-2975 or [email protected].
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Baker Roofing CompanyFairfax, VA
Get fresh Commercial Roofing Foreman jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.