Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Mechanical Engineer for our Wireline Services team located at the Houston Technology Center (HTC) in Houston, Texas.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) team supports product transition from Product Development to Production. A Mechanical Engineer in the HTC location will be responsible for transitioning the mechanical portion of engineering projects into manufacturing, and also performing Design for Manufacture, Assembly, and Service reviews throughout the product lifecycle. Additionally, this engineer will troubleshoot both manufacturing and field failures, and support assembly activities for prototype and pilot tools on the Production floor.
The person in this role must be comfortable working with ambiguity, have a proven track record of execution, showing initiative, and demonstrating outstanding communication skills - specifically, have the ability to communicate effectively with both Supply Chain and Technology teams. This person should also have manufacturing engineering experience, knowledge of machining processes, and skills with 3D modeling software.
- Root cause analysis of prototype and pilot failures in manufacturing and operations
- Read and modify models and drawings for mechanical parts and assemblies
- Finite Element Analysis
- Manufacturing support for assembly and testing
- Review and modify work instructions for mechanical assembly and test
- Nonconformance dispositions
- Initiate engineering change requests
- Conduct "Design for Manufacture, Assembly and Service" reviews
- Work with both Supply Chain and Product Development teams
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Engineering experience including, but not limited to, manufacturing engineering.
- 3 years engineering experience
- SolidWorks modeling experience, or equivalent software
- Key competencies include, but are not limited to fast execution, strong communication skills, using influence to lead people.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more