About the Role:
This Administrative Assistant position supports the four Executive Assistants across all divisions of the bank. This position will be responsible for administrative and clerical tasks. Duties primarily involve providing administrative support to the executive assistants and their departments. The position shall promote and maintain a favorable bank image and act as a role model for other bank employees. The occupant of this position shall maintain strict confidentiality while facilitating communication between employees and management. This Administrative Assistant position assists in promoting efficiency at all levels of the organization and executing the bank wide Strategic Plan Key Tactics. They may also be tasked to assist other Baker Boyer team members with various projects. The occupant of this position will be expected to continue learning and expanding.
- Assumes responsibility for carrying out multiple projects for the Executive Assistants. Completes entire task or project independently when appropriate. Analyzes data and draws conclusions, making recommendations for action. Many of these projects may be confidential or complex in nature.
- Prepares monthly reports and presentations for Executive Assistants as requested (PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, flowcharts, graphs, etc.) making recommendations for changes and improvements when necessary.
- Assists in carrying out certain tasks for Board of directors as requested, all while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality as many of the subject items are confidential or complex in nature.
- Assists in maintaining shareholder relations by keeping the stockholder system records and information all of which are confidential and complex in nature
- Assumes responsibility for attending assigned reoccurring meetings, i.e Mill Creek Coalition and Shareholder Voting Agreement Administrative Committee, to take meeting notes and minutes.
- Schedules and arranges in-house meetings. Handles travel arrangements and accommodations for conferences as well as registrations and payments.
- Processes bills and expense reimbursements for Executives.
- Active member of the BB University Team which assumes responsibilities for planning and developing appropriate training tools and resources.
- Works with a network of outside vendors that help perform the various projects necessary to meet the demands of the project timelines.
- Develops and maintains skill level in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and other specialized software necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities, including training others in the use of said software.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Aptitude in exercising discretion and independent judgment and prioritizing work load accordingly
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet goals
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office. Ability to efficiently learn new programs and to proficiently use and interpret data provided by software tools
- Excels under pressure and confident handling last-minute details and changes.
- Ability to maintain thorough knowledge of Bank policies, procedures, and services
- Aptitude to exemplify professionalism both in appearance and attitude
- Experience in managing both internal and external client events
- Ability to contribute positively and work as an integral member of a diverse team
- Ability to convert technical data, and complex ideas into useful and meaningful information
- Be a curious, consistent learner.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to continue learning
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a community college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General understanding of financial services industry desired.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, write, type, speak, & listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at desk and work on computer.
Occasional travel for business or educational purposes.
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the Pacific Northwest. It serves the Walla Walla, Kennewick and Yakima communities with seven branches, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.