Assistant Manager at Baked by Yael
- Posted: over a month ago
Please note that we will not review your resume until you have submitted a completed job application, which can be found at https://forms.gle/zk4LXaqoqkaHyrNd9 . Cover letters are strongly encouraged.
Baked by Yael is seeking an experienced manager to work at our bakery in Washington, DC. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the GM. There are also opportunities to take on special projects.
We're looking for someone with management experience in a food retail environment who has experience supervising employees, completing opening and closing procedures, handling money, maintaining inventory, and working with customers.
Please note that this is NOT a baking position, though experience working in a bakery is a plus.
You must have:
- management experience;
- strong work ethic;
- Saturday & Sunday availability;
- ability to work well under pressure, and to keep the staff calm and focused during rushes;
- ability to move from one task to another seamlessly;
- ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times, both externally with customers and internally with your colleagues;
- strong interest in customer service;
- willingness and ability to direct staff to maintain an efficient work environment;
- ability to work well with an owner who is very involved in the business and on-site regularly.
This is not primarily a sales job, but extra points if you have experience with sales development, corporate sales, or e-commerce.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer free health insurance for full-time employees. Employees also receive free (and delicious) food and discounts on purchases for themselves and friends.
We're easy to reach by Metrorail, Metrobus, Capital Bikeshare, or car. There is free parking outside the store on weekends, and additional free parking every day within a 10-minute walk of the store.
To apply, please complete Baked by Yael employment application, which can be found at https://forms.gle/zk4LXaqoqkaHyrNd9 . Cover letter optional, but strongly encouraged. If we think you'd make a great addition to our team, we'll be in touch.