- $23 Hourly
Reports To: Retail People and Culture Manager
Direct Reports: Sales Associate
As a Team Leader at Baked by Melissa, you act as second in command to the Retail People and Culture Manager. You think of yourself as positive, thoughtful, and most importantly, a leader. You find that you are passionate about consistent, ongoing training, as well as each of your team members’ career paths. As a Team Leader, you will work predominantly as a front-line ambassador, inspiring your team to Make Life Sweeter for both their peers and customers every day. You will take part in all aspects of the store-from ensuring the store vibes remain positive to giving others feedback on customer service, operational tasks and communication within and about the store. Team Leads are the eyes and ears of the store when the manager is away.
● Act as a frontline brand ambassador of Baked by Melissa
● Create and foster a happy, passionate, customer-focused vibe with your team while leading with positive-intent in every team opportunity
● Communicate, train, and develop store team on the SWEET Experience,
sales-driving, operational and policy updates with a positive, “we” mentality-led conversation
● Hold each team member accountable to company policies, customer service, product knowledge, morale, etc.
● Assist your manager in supporting store hiring needs such as reviewing new hire performance, requesting employee needs (uniform, a name tag)
● Support your manager in daily store managerial tasks such as
inventory/waste management, daily store operations audit, communication board updates, etc.
Manage and drive revenue by creating unique, long-term emotional connections to our brand with each customer experience
● Conduct Store Vibes Check audits to ensure the front of house feels welcoming to customers
○ Includes review of the store and employee appearance, visual merchandise execution, employee interactions
with peers and customers, product appearance, etc.
● Lead by example and roll up your sleeves with your team in both the front and back of house - observe your team’s customer service during these interactions and provide direct on-the-spot feedback
● Ensure team is knowledgeable on product releases and most up to date customer service and store operational training
● Identify areas of opportunity for more alignment with online (website, B2B, third-party) and offline (walk-in) revenue channels
● Discuss Success Plans, employee performance, and next steps plan in partnership with Manager
Daily Store Operations
Deliver and ensure the store team is delivering store operational excellence on a daily basis.
Create and manage employee scheduling
Ensure schedules are in line with labor and payroll budgets
Start and complete stocktake
Manage waste and inventory counts at the store level ensuring the team is reporting correct on-hands and waste amounts
Complete random inventory audits on a weekly basis
Receive and finalize purchase orders
● Communicate and follow up on store maintenance needs to Manager
Baked By MelissaBoston, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.