Summary: Under limited supervision, the position manages various campaigns and marketing projects and activities with the objective of achieving sales & marketing goals. Thorough planning, execution and evaluation of strategies, objectives, projects and tasks is essential. Must demonstrate drive for results, creativity, passion for baking, passion for presenting, passion for social media, strong analytical thinking, self-motivation, good business acumen and attention to detail. Core areas of responsibility include campaign ideation, product demonstrations (in-person, virtual), content marketing, technical insights, recipe development, social media support and sales and marketing support. Collaborates with Sales, Technical Services, Research & Development and other related departments and functions, as well as outside agencies, to ensure assigned projects and tasks are developed and executed in disciplined manner. Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by BakeMark, following the guiding principles of best practices, as both a process and a cultural guide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the BakeMark Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated. Exemplify the BakeMark Core Values and Ways of Working in all aspects of assigned responsibilities, and other projects and duties as assigned.
• Plans and leads execution of assigned product campaigns, social media campaigns, digital marketing strategies and recipe portfolio projects, with minimal supervision. Works closely with Sales, Technical Services and Research & Development and other departments and functions in the execution of projects and tasks. Actively tracks progress and adapts, as needed.
• Acts as social media personality and influencer, in planning and leading online product demonstrations and video marketing projects focused increasing views, reactions and user engagement in promotion of the online product portfolio. Acts as the face for the website, presenting products directly to customers online, and in many cases, baking products through streaming to an online audience.
• Coordinate directly with the Social Media Specialist and with the Marketing Managers to create new content (several posts/week) to maintain and promote the product portfolio through each social media account, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
• Manages promotional campaigns for core product offering for online sales. Also provides input and guidance on product assortment changes (new product introduction and portfolio management), from a marketing and technical perspective. Responsible for testing and presenting products, conducting thorough analysis and sharing test results with key project stakeholders.
• Leads the management and development of the recipe portfolio, in promotion of the online product offering. Responsible for ensuring proper procedures are clear and optimized. Continuously builds upon recipe portfolio to expand applications and reach.
• Works directly with the digital marketing agency to ensure the strategic communications plans and content marketing plans are best-executed for increasing awareness/impressions, click-through-rates and conversions.
• Leverages brand elements and key messaging guidelines and tools to plan and execute assigned B2C communication and product activation.
• Follows BakeMark’s best practices in Marketing and Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety rules, as well as takes responsibility for house-keeping and sanitation duties for work area and as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned to reach Company goals.
This position does not have direct reports but may be required to supervise others in a project and/or team leader role.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Employee must have a valid California Driver’s License and have his or her own reliable method of transportation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
At least 8 years of experience working in a bakery, bakery dept, bakery chain or culinary school (pastry/bakery). Must also have at least 2 years of experience leading video marketing projects and/or presenting to large groups as lead instructor/trainer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business news articles, press releases, trade publications, trade journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of directors, managers, agencies, vendors, suppliers and customers. Ability to read, write and speak Spanish desired.
Must be able to easily add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Must also be able to understand and calculate statistical data and business formulas, including rates, ratios, percentages, averages, basic costing & pricing, profits, margins, return on investment, etc. Ability to apply mathematical skills and concepts to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow-up on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have practical experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and with general internet and search engine activity, as well as social media proficiency, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
The following physical demands are required to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to be able to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and engage in conversation for 8 hours or more at a time. The employee must be able to touch, taste, smell and hear at a basic level and be able to participate in food evaluations and taste tests.
The employee must be able to life and/or move objects up to 60 pounds from floor level to a height of approximately 4 feet.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work comfortably in a bakery and office setting. Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, as needed (potentially up to 10%). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold, hot, wet, dry and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BakeMark offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, LTD & STD, tuition reimbursement and 401K. We participate in E-verify.
BakeMark is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BakeMark via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written agreement in place for this position from BakeMark HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BakeMark. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BakeMark as a result of the referral or through other means.
Pico Rivera, California 90660 United States
At BakeMark we appreciate our employees and their families and offer a competitive pay and a full suite of benefits:
•Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options
•Generous retirement benefits
We are always looking for new team members to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and growing company.
BakeMark USAFor over 100 years, BakeMark has stood for excellence in quality and service, for our customers, our stakeholders and our colleagues. We attribute our success to our colleagues and their contributions towards meeting the needs of our customers and stakeholders. We all share our values and ways of working. We are passionate about the baking industry. We excel at creating strong partnerships within the company and with our loyal customers. We love to innovate and thrive to manufacture and deliver performing bakery products and world-class customer service. At BakeMark we appreciate our employees and their families and offer a competitive pay and a full suite of benefits: •Competitive Wages •Paid Vacation •Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options •Generous retirement benefits We are always looking for new team members to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and growing company.