Now Hiring! Local CDL Truck Driver in the greater Portland, OR area
- Relocation assistance offered! **
- Top performing CDL A Delivery Truck Drivers can earn up to $87,000 per year!
- 10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Excellent pay and compensation package that includes a Sign-On Bonus & Pension Contributions!
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits!
- Paid Vacations and Holidays!
- 4 x 10 Schedule!
- Weekends Off!
- Newer equipment with lift gates, electric pallet jacks, and uniforms
With over 100 years of service to the baking industry, BakeMark is recognized as an industry leader and trusted partner for quality bakery ingredients, products, supplies and service. As a manufacturer and distributor with 25 branches conveniently-located across the U.S. and Canada, BakeMark delivers a complete line of ingredients and supplies, ranging from bakery mixes, fillings & icings, glazes, donut sugar and frozen varieties to flour, sugar, shortening, dairy & egg, packaging & supplies and gourmet chocolate through its exclusive brands: Westco, Trigal Dorado, BakeSense, BakeQwik and C’est Vivant.
The BakeMark Portland Distribution Center has immediate job openings for CDL A Delivery Truck Drivers to safely and efficiently operate a tractor trailer and manually unload and deliver bakery ingredients and supplies to customer locations. This is not a dock to dock position. Break down and rotation of goods is required at all customer locations.
Essential Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Drives truck to destination.
- Prepares receipts for load delivered. Ensures accuracy of product delivered versus invoices and notes any discrepancies.
- Collects payment for goods delivered if required and in accordance with payment instructions on invoice.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains communication with Branch Management.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Safely operates power equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, loading docks, lift gates, and performs inspections as required.
- Operates within applicable safety guidelines as per government regulations, the company's safety manuals and/or stated safety policies, and common sense.
- Performs work in a manner so as to prevent damage to company equipment, facilities and products.
- Insures proper equipment cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Follows up on ALL customer requests and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness.
- Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company.
- Accepts responsibility to THINK about how own actions and actions of my associate’s affect our customers and our company.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Exemplify the BakeMark core values of Partnership, Performance and Passion in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals
BakeMark is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BakeMark via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written agreement in place for this position from BakeMark HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BakeMark. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BakeMark as a result of the referral or through other means.
BakeMark USA offers a competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits which include medical, dental, vision, and a pension plan! A detailed job description will be provided to qualified candidates during the selection process. BakeMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Local Candidates Only - No Recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time