Under general supervision drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties as directed by immediate supervisor or Operations Manager. This is not a dock to dock position. Break down and rotation of goods is required at all customer location.
Essential Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Prepares receipts for load delivered. Ensures accuracy of product delivered versus invoices and notes any discrepancies.
- Collects payment for goods delivered if required and in accordance with payment instructions on invoice.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains communication with Branch Management.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Safely operates power equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, loading docks, lift gates, and performs inspections as required.
- Operates within applicable safety guidelines as per government regulations, the company's safety manuals and/or stated safety policies, and common sense.
- Performs work in a manner so as to prevent damage to company equipment, facilities and products.
- Insures proper equipment cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Follows up on ALL customer requests and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness.
- Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company.
- Accepts responsibility to THINK about how own actions and actions of my associate’s affect our customers and our company.
Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
Exemplify the BakeMark core values of Partnership, Performance and Passion in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years verifiable related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Commercial Drivers License – Class A, including current medical card, and equipment certifications as by State and/or Federal regulations. DOT qualified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BakeMark is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BakeMark via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written agreement in place for this position from BakeMark HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BakeMark. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BakeMark as a result of the referral or through other means.
At BakeMark we appreciate our employees and their families and offer a competitive pay and a full suite of benefits:
•Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options
•Generous retirement benefits
We are always looking for new team members to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and growing company.