- Expired: January 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Family owned and operated, Bake'n Joy Foods, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of top-quality bakery products that began eighty years ago in 1941. We manufacture a variety of products for professional bakers including frozen scoop batters, predeposited muffin, cornbread, loaf cakes and Boston Coffee Cakes, mixes as well as an expanding line of fully baked items such as coffee cakes, loaf cakes and more. We remain committed to providing top quality products, service, and value to our customers.
SUPERVISOR in Warehouse & Distribution
Full Time: Monday thru Friday (On-site in North Andover, MA)
Shift: 8:00am - 4:30pm (Some overtime and Saturdays)
Summary of Position:
The Supervisor oversees activities and personnel associated with the warehouse, transportation, order selection, and shipping, receiving of raw materials and finish goods and all Warehouse support related to Production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing warehouse team, including communication, goal setting, performance feedback, career tracking, and training programs
- Maintaining proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, and training of personnel. Manage activities to improve team member retention, and culture.
- Understand all safety rules and procedures and follow them at all times.
- Following, developing, and enhancing all safety and compliance functions
- Coordinate and prioritize assignments for associates to ensure that production and customer demand is satisfied in a timely manner.
- Oversee sales order processing and picking function.
- Ensure accurate loading of all outbound trucks containing Transfers or Customer sales orders.
- Ensures that all outbound Priorities are loaded in a timely manner in order to satisfy customer demand.
- Assist in coordinating all receiving including Purchase Order and Transfer receipts.
- Ensure that outbound Sales Orders are billed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the Warehouse is following all food safety protocols related to shipping and receiving product.
- Alongside the Inventory Controls team, ensure excellent warehouse inventory accuracy is attained and maintained.
- Report maintenance and repairs for fork truck equipment on a timely basis.
- Enforce all safety rules and procedures in the Warehouse and perform training on powered industrial truck usage as needed.
- Perform all end of day functions including closing the warehouse when covering second shift.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform work functions in temperatures ranging from -15°F to 75°F degrees.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work seated at a desk on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment when necessary (safety shoes and uniform).
- Positive attitude and a results driven leader with a track record of implementing change.
- Must possess a team building mentality and the ability to coach and mentor all warehouse associates.
- Possess a sense of urgency when working with internal and external customers.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in English.
- Forklift experience and recent certification.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive computer experience with JD Edwards or similar such as SAP, Microsoft Navision, etc
- Good Microsoft Office experience specifically Excel.
- Trained in Good Manufacturing Practices, basic allergen handling, food defense and HACCP.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules including Saturdays and overtime.
- Successful completion of substance and physical screening.
Not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice at management's sole discretion.
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm (Some overtime and Saturdays)
Bake n Joy Foods, Inc.
AddressNorth Andover, MA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Warehouse Operation Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.