2019 Summer Intern - Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Note - this position handles frequent outbound calls and will require comfort with correspondence. If you are a people person and enjoy thinking on your feet and talking to high level executives and business owners - this is the role for you!
- This is NOT an analyst or research-driven position.
** This Internship opportunity is located in San Diego, CA - no relocation compensation offered for this position **
Employment Type: up to Full-Time (temporary, seasonal)
Compensation: Dependent on skills and experience
Bainbridge Capital is seeking business professionals to join our mergers & acquisitions team for Summer 2019. We are looking for fast paced, high energy, competitive minded professionals to cross train in deal origination and client account management.
The Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions is a vital member of the team and is responsible for building relationships with owners of middle market companies and facilitating introductions to the private equity clients they manage. The candidate works in a professional, performance-driven environment interacting daily with the country’s leading private equity funds, senior team members, clients, and C-level executives.
Responsibilities for Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions:
The Associate will be responsible for generating deal flow on behalf of their clients.
This will include:
- Working with research analysts on the Bainbridge team to develop a pipeline of companies that meets their clients’ investment criteria
- Calling and emailing with business owners of middle market companies in a diverse array of industries to build relationships with them on behalf of your clients
- Qualifying businesses to identify their divestiture posture, ownership structure, revenue, EBITDA, actionability and growth strategy
- Communicate our clients’ interest and provide feedback to business owners
- Managing a business development process from marketing to close
- Provide a written profile on each company to present to potential buyers
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities from origination to deal close
- Build relationships with capital providers, including private equity groups, family offices, endowments, pension plans, high net worth individuals, and corporate acquirers
- Education on the alternatives markets, including investments by private equity groups, family offices, institutional investors, and corporate strategic acquirers
- Consultative sales training
- Client account management
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates for the Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions position have:
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related subject
- Preferred 1-3 years of experience in a business development or account management role with a track record of success
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed
- Ability to work independently and on teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven attitude
This is an entry-level position in the Mergers and Acquisitions department of Bainbridge Capital Advisory. If you're ready to kick-start your career - if you're driven, passionate and excited to make a difference in your workplace, we encourage you to apply! We want you on our team.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.