PLC Service Technician
Process Controls Engineer
Baillie Lumber Co. has an immediate opening for Process Controls Engineer at our facilities in Smyrna, NY. Baillie Lumber Co. is one of North America's largest hardwood lumber manufacturers, distributors, and exporters. We are a provider of hardwood logs, hardwood lumber and proprietary grade hardwood lumber products. Founded in 1923, we have grown from a regional supplier of American hardwoods to an international hardwood supplier that can ship hardwood lumber to any region of the world.
General Job Description
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs controls. Applies knowledge of PLC's and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled PLC support to all areas of manufacturing. This will support our Smyrna, NY location.
Specific Responsibilities, (Including but not limited to)
- Responsible for making PLC program changes and installations or updates to maintain proper operations of the manufacturing facility.
- Troubleshoot and repair technological equipment and control systems.
- Assist maintenance personnel during installation or modification of technological equipment.
- A 2 year degree/certificate in an affiliated program required.
- Experience working with Rockwell Automation PLC/HMI programming with Studio 5000
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
Federal and NY State Labor Laws https://www.baillie.com/images/NewYorkFederalComboEnglish.pdf
***Please refer to the "Full Job Description" button below to review our physical demands form prior to applying to this position.***
Baillie Lumber Co.Smyrna, NY
ManufacturingView All Baillie Lumber Co. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.