- Posted: over a month ago
Bailey-Harris Construction Co., Inc. is searching for experienced Superintendents to run multi-million-dollar construction projects throughout the state of Alabama. A successful candidate should have a strong background in commercial construction.
The Superintendent is responsible for directing, coordinating, and exercising authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing assigned project. The Project Superintendent directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and direct Subcontractors in an efficient manner.
- Organize and supervise Company labor force to achieve maximum productivity.
- Have a thorough understanding of project drawings, specifications, bid packages, and Subcontractor scopes.
- Assist the Project Manager to develop, review, maintain, and update construction schedules as required and implement recovery plans as needed. Maintain an updated 4-6 week “Look Ahead” schedule.
- Lead weekly coordination meetings with Subcontractors.
- Monitor on site construction to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Recommend construction methods and assist Subcontractors in resolving field issues and implementing corrective measures.
- Execute project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and in cooperation with Project Manager.
- Ultimately responsible for safety and Employee/Subcontractor discipline on the project site.
- Ultimately responsible for quality control on the project site.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained: rented or company owned.
- Write daily reports based on input from Subcontractors.
- Maintain accurate records of workforce, daily progress, weather, deliveries, and issues/discrepancies noted.
- Maintain current as-built and record documents at all times.
- Ensure accurate time sheets are kept for company labor force and turned into Accounting in a timely manner.
- Assist the Project Manager with timely material procurement and manage on-site stored materials. Ensure copies of all receipts and delivery tickets are turned into Accounting in a timely manner.
- Ensure Best Management Practices are installed and properly maintained.
- Track, project and manage Company labor force within the project’s budget.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of commercial construction
- Current knowledge and ability to apply relevant local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Leadership and management skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate preferred
- Must be able to work in all types of weather and different work environments
- Must be able to stand for long periods and work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to lift/move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to withstand all physical activities associated with construction sites, such as stand, crawl; climb ladders & stairs; balance; stoop and kneel; etc
- Valid driver's license
- Competitive benefit and compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, supplementary, and GAP insurance
Bailey-Harris Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Bailey-Harris Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Bailey-Harris Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
ConstructionView all jobs at Bailey-Harris Construction