Construction Project Manager
Bailey-Harris Construction Auburn, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Bailey-Harris Construction Co., Inc. is currently recruiting for an experienced Construction Project Managers to manage multi-million-dollar construction projects throughout the state of Alabama. A successful candidate should have a strong background in commercial construction.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and administration of the project. This includes subcontracting, procurement and purchasing of materials and purchase orders, processing all submittals and RFI’s, maintaining positive client relations, scheduling, documentation, cost management, profitability, subcontractor, vendor and owner billings, and change orders. The Project Manager works with the Superintendent staff in a role as outlined in the organizational and reporting structure, generally as the lead, and is responsible for training and development of subordinates. The Project Manager serves as the primary liaison with the client and design team. The Project Manager may manage a single large complex project or oversee management of multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall Quality of Project.
- Responsible for Profit/Loss of Project.
- Supervise the work of Assistant Project Managers assigned to Projects under his/her management.
- Review and have thorough understanding of project drawings, specifications, bid packages, and Subcontractor scopes.
- Write all subcontracts and purchase orders for direct cost of work items and manage buy-out to ensure that entire Scope of Work is covered and risk to Company is minimized.
- Must possess knowledge of Critical Path Method Scheduling (CPM) Software and the logic and sequence of construction required for Construction Projects.
- Develop, review, maintain, and update Construction Schedules or Plans as required. Update the Project Schedule bi-weekly with the Project Superintendent and develop and implement Recovery Plans as needed.
- Execute project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Company policy and in cooperation with Project Superintendent.
- Oversee the on-site construction and work of Project Superintendent to ensure Project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule, lead and document all Project Meetings with Designers and the Owner.
- Process and maintain all Project Submittals, RFIs, Contract Documents, Files and Correspondence.
- Initiate and maintain relationship with Owner and A/E representatives to facilitate construction activities.
- Manage financial aspects of Contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client, Subcontractors, and Vendors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Project Management role in the commercial construction industry
- Able to perform Project Manager duties proficiently
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects including architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore and other construction software
- Basic understanding of financial accounting systems
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical writing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate preferred
- Competitive benefit and compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, supplementary, and GAP insurance
Bailey-Harris Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Bailey-Harris Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Bailey-Harris Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
ConstructionView all jobs at Bailey-Harris Construction