This position is located within our Liability Management Department and is responsible for assisting with case file maintenance and legal support. The team has a vital role within the company to assure that all legal issues related to our core practice are resolved.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
Case Management and Documentation
· Review extradition requests to ensure proper execution.
· Audit finalized extradition packets sent to the District Attorney’s office.
· Review writ of removals and ensure timely submit to the District Attorney’s office.
· Review case progression related to any vacant default initiated through the recovery department.
· Determine if appropriate law enforcement agencies were contacted for a hold, or surrender.
· Ensure that the appropriate custody verification forms were processed and submitted to the appropriate law enforcement and District attorney agencies.
· Perform legal and factual records research as well as being familiar with the 1300 Penal code and all sub sections within.
· Review drafted legal documents including pleadings and stipulations as well as serve County Counsel and District Attorney’s office.
· Ensure that the correct procedures are being followed within the current pipeline in order to support auditing.
· Other duties as assigned.
Interaction with Court Personnel
· Ensure proper responses to inquiry’s from Court Personnel, District Attorney, and County Counsel.
· Check the documentation for accuracy related to processing Attorney motions.
· Maintain and oversee the ordering of transcripts from reporting services and fulfilling requests from outside counsel when needed.
· Energetic, VERY organized, detail oriented and disciplined with the willingness to work hard.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, through effective communication strategies.
· Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities.
· Must understand legal documentation and processes.
· Knowledge of electronic court filing procedures as well as rules and regulations of county courts throughout California.
· Excellent Organizational and Time Management skills.
· Excellent organizational, time management and communications skills, both verbal and written (including spelling and grammar).
· Must be a self-motivated, proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and problem-solver.
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written (including spelling and grammar).
· High level of professionalism/confidentiality and ability to deal courteously and professionally with internal &external clients of all levels.
· Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and have a high aptitude of stress tolerance.
· Must have analytical, critical thinking, and research skills.
· Must be able to work as a team.
Education and Experience:
· Combination of education and work experience will be taken into consideration with a minimum of 1 year working in a legal environment.
· Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
· Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
· Thorough knowledge of legal terminology
· In depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Relevant computer knowledge and experience.